Massachusetts-Boston

Bachelorette Party in Newport and Boston

I'm not from the area... my friend wants stay in Boston Saturday night to go to a restaurant and then maybe a lounge (so people who want to dance can, but others who aren't into that don't have to).  

Then to a day trip to Newport since we heard it's off-season right now.  If you have suggestions for antique shops, good lunch diners/restaurants, and maybe even a lounge there... (I'm semi-hoping to convince her to go overnight there if any place is open because I know that's what she REALLY wants to do).  I know Newport's in RI, but I guess it's only 1 1/2 hours from Boston so I'm hoping some of you may have gone there before.  I also posted in the RI board.  
Thanks in advance!!
My Attempted Wedding Blog - http://aroseywedding.blogspot.com/

Re: Bachelorette Party in Newport and Boston

• The Brick Alley Pub in Newport is very good.  I've heard the Red Parrot is also good.  You could visit Newport Vineyards -- they have tastings everyday.  Their wine is pretty good, too.  And of course, you must do some mansion tours.
    Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • cinderellasjccinderellasjc member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Newport is beautiful (I too suggest the vineyards!), but it is a long ride after a night of dancing.  Have you thought of staying in Providence instead?  They have great restauraunts and a booming night life.  Just a thought rather than doing all that traveling!! Good Luck!
  • I LOVE the Brick Alley Pub! Get the ultimate nachos!!  If you decide to stay over, I recommend staying up at Ocean Cliff--gorgeous view.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited March 2012
    Are you planning for this weekend? If so, Newport is having restaurant week and a lot of hotels/restaurants offer great specials, so it would be a nice time to go! And I have heard great reviews about the Brick Alley Pub as well.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards