Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Father/daughter and godfather/goddaughter dance

My parents and godparents have always been a huge part of my life. It's really like having 2 sets of parents. I was wondering if it's appropriate to have a godfather/goddaughter dance after the father/daughter dance? Or is that too much?

Re: Father/daughter and godfather/goddaughter dance

• I think it's fine. My cousin had a grandaughter and grandpa dance, everyone thought it was cute, however she allowed others to join in a dancd with them

So as long as you let others dance, I think it would be alright, otherwise your guests will get bored watching you!
  • It is too much to add it as a spotlight dance.  Trust me, guests get tired of that stuff and want to hit the dance floor instead of seeing a 4th or 5th spotlight dance.  What you do is pick a song and have the DJ announce that the bride will be dancing with her Godfather and asks their guests to join them.  This recognizes his importance in your life and spares your guests of another dance to watch.
  • I agree with PP, have the DJ dedicate a song later in the evening to your godfather and announce that you are dancing with him, but everyone is welcome on the dance floor.  I actually did this with my godfather (well, he picked the song) and we had a wonderful moment together dancing to "The Way You Look Tonight" surrounded by loved ones on the dance floor.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• jcg - I LOVE your sig picture.  That is how every bride should be able to smile on her wedding day!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_fatherdaughter-and-godfathergoddaughter-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:faaf0d99-5e34-44fd-bd6b-9b487b89b2b8Post:297ce5c3-fc6b-4850-b077-f629d164c70b">Re: Father/daughter and godfather/goddaughter dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]jcg - I LOVE your sig picture.  That is how every bride should be able to smile on her wedding day!
    Posted by kmmssg[/QUOTE]

Aww, thanks! And I agree. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Thanks everyone, I'll have the DJ announce and then ask everyone else to join! Great idea!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards