October 2012 Weddings
Options

Am I crazy?

I have this panic-y feeling like we didn't get very many WP shots (specifically me and my girls - I can only remember a handful) - we didn't have a ton of time for them and because it was raining on and off we had to call off one of the locations and we missed a bunch of my must-take photos due to timing as well. I know FI and his guys got plenty of shots while we were in makeup so I'm not worried about that.

I love my photographer and it's not at all her fault that the weather wasn't perfect or that we didn't have TONS of time for WP photos but I'm kind of freaking out here. Because she's a "one woman show" (she does have an assistant that helps out at shoots but not with editing) it'll be a couple of months before we get all of our photos back. Would I be crazy to e-mail her and ask how many WP shots we got so I won't panic until then?

I'm going to do a TTD shoot and I'm THISCLOSE to e-mailing my girls and asking them to put their dresses back on and get a few of the pictures I feel like I'm missing. If we didn't get many I would want to do it soon so the weather/scenery is basically the same. Is that insane?
Anniversary

Re: Am I crazy?

• Options
    I don't think it would hurt to email your photog to find out how many she got.  Just make sure you convey that you know the weather wasn't in your favor on your wedding day so it doesn't come off sounding like you blame her.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    yes, I think thats a bit crazy to ask your girls to put their dresses back on for your TTD.  One of my BM showed up just in time for the ceremony and  wasn't in any of the shots I did with the other BMs before the ceremony.  it sucks, but wedding days get hectic and things don't always go as planned.  I didn't get some of my must haves either, but it happens.  to me it would feel phoney trying to recreate the wedding day.  I'm sure you got lots of great shots - e-mail your photog if it will make you feel better but I'm sure the shots she did get are fabulous.  try not to worry. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I don't feel like we got many wedding party shots either, which does bum me out, but I'm having faith that the ones she did get I'm hopefully going to love :) my BMs would definitely think I'm nuts if I asked them to put their dresses back on. Then again, your girls may be totally different! :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I feel you because I'm freaking out that we barely got any of my husband and me, but I definitely wouldn't ask the girls to come back. What's the point? It won't actually be from your wedding day, so it'll be just pictures of you guys dressed up. Plus, their hair probably won't be the same.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Realistically, how many wedding party shots are you going to look at after a month, or 6 months, or a year after you get your photos?  You'll probably put a couple in your album and maybe hang one.  Other than that, it doesn't really matter how many shots you got.  I think it'd be ridiculous to ask your BMs to put their dresses back on for your TTD, even if they loved their dresses.  Plus, as Brittney pointed out, nothing will be the same as your wedding day.

Relax, I'm sure you have plenty shots of your WP.  
  • Options
    I feel the same way. I dont think we got enough of the whole wedding party together or of me and my girls. I wanted some fun and funny pictures, but I dont know how many she got either.
    I think if it really is bugging you to know then go ahead and email her and ask. I wouldnt want to worry about it and then be unhappy. If your girls are cool with getting back into their dresses for another shoot then you can always do that too.
    weddingpic
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I didn't get any of me with my sons! None of my new step-daughter with all the grandkids... No cohesive shots of our 'new' family with H and I and our two 12 yr olds. I believe, and its ok if it's just me, you cannot truly recreate your day. What you have will truly suffice! I am taking some re-inanimate shots - our rings on a paper, our rings on my bouquet.. But I am planning a family photo. It won't be in my beautiful wedding dress, and that will be ok. You have such beautiful pictures! Please don't worry that you have not enough :)
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • Options
    WE never got a group shot and that bothered me for a bit... but then again between the rain and hail ... it was a bit much to ask everyone to go stand in the wet mud once the sun came out for a photo again lol

I am sure they are fine, I hope...I would call and speak to my Photographer
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I did e-mail her last night (in a very light hearted manner) and she got back to me and said not to worry- there are plenty. And I trust her so that heps.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards