Snarky Brides

Resolutions Poll

Does anyone have any set for New Years?  Have you had any in the past?  Did you accomplish them?

I've had some in the past.. the biggest one I kept was to quit smoking.  FI and I had set a goal at the end of the summer for weight loss and neither of us hit it.  Barely of us even put a dent in it.  So we have set our resolution together to REALLY worth together to eat well and work out at least 4 nights a week.  He has a weight goal.  I have a size goal (cuz I have almost no muscle, once I start trying to tone/lift, I'll gain lbs).  We set the date for June 1st (3ish weeks before the wedding), so we have 6 months to accomplish it.  I think it's doable!

Re: Resolutions Poll

• katiewhompuskatiewhompus member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *Hit my goal weight (was within 8 pounds when I got pregnant, now am only 6 pounds but it's a long 6 pounds)
    *Be neater/ nore organized
    * Cook more and eat out less
    * Only stress about things I can change
    * Cut our debt in half and pay off something (need to figure out what is achievable)

ETA: goals I met last year
    * Gain less than 40 pounds while pregnant - check
    * Lose pregnancy weight by Jan 1st - check
    * Stop stressing over everything - check but can do better

Also H quit smoking and my dad quit drinking :)
  • My NY resolution is to work out every day in January. I'm pretty fit, but I have a habit of getting into "hibernation mode" in the wintertime and not running/working out nearly as much as I should. I just really want to make some kind of daily workout a habit and stick with it throughout the winter.

I'd also like to save more money this year. FI and I live paycheck to paycheck, and I'd really like to cut some expenses and start stashing away what we can. FI lost his job this week, and we have literally no cushion to get us through because we don't have emergency savings. So building up an emergency fund is a big goal for 2012.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our main one is cut down our debt.

My H's is start eating healthier/lose weight.

Mine is to stop procrastinating. I highly doubt I will keep this goal. lol.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_resolutions-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0756c793-9e99-46e0-9ef8-0496bdce2498Post:dd10d48f-4730-4fcc-9718-0e888edf2cac">Re: Resolutions Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our main one is cut down our debt. My H's is start eating healthier/lose weight. <strong>Mine is to stop procrastinating</strong>. I highly doubt I will keep this goal. lol.
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

You'll start it around Dec...;)
  • The only NY resolution I've ever been able to keep was a religious/spiritual one and that was 2 years ago. So I'm going to try that again, plus one that isn't of that variety. This year I have 3: 1. Pray everyday with my FI. We started this one early and have been doing it for 3.5 weeks now. 2. Read the bible everyday. I'm not going to start at the beginning though. I'm just going to read whatever I feel like or interests me that day. I've been working on this, but haven't been successful at doing it everyday. 3. Be healthier. Eat better, exercise more, try to avoid sickness better. This stuff I pretty much suck at. I know that if I want to be healthy in my future I had better start now. So, that's what I have planned.
  • Last year my goal was to clean out my spare room and walk every day, I did both, but when my roommate moved out the spare room just filled up again, and when it started to rain and get cold, I quit walking. 

I'm adding those two back to the drawing board, and continuing to take a long hard look at my 'hoarding'. I'm not dirty, but I like stuff, and I need to just let it go in such a small apartment. Easier said than done for me (and embarrassing to admit).

Also, more water, less coffee, less sugar, no soda, read more, draw more, paint more, somehow keep up on laundry even if it means I'm hauling it to my mom's, and possibly start to work out and keep walking.
    Photobucket
  • - Stop drinking pop and stick to only water and a little juice here and there. - Start working out more, going to aim for 3x per week to start with. - Eat more healthy. Going to try an all natural diet, stop eating out for the most part, and no fast food! I'm at my pre-pregnancy weight right now, but I definitely need to tone up a bit and eat better. I've been horrible at sticking to resolutions in the past so hopefully this year it's different.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My goal is to do one random act of kindness every day.

I've been taking a pretty hard look at how lucky I am and I want to do something for others since I have the ability.  
    imageVacation
  • The TK babies are getting so big!

My priority for 2012 is to cheer up.  Seriously, I came face to face to what a bummer I am to be around and I don't like it.  I don't deserve to live like this and neither does poor T.

To achieve this, I really need to find out what is wrong with me medically; I suspect it's at least half the reason my attitude sucks.

If I made any resolutions last year, which I doubt since I'm not a resolution-maker, I forgot them :(
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_resolutions-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0756c793-9e99-46e0-9ef8-0496bdce2498Post:7617004e-b3db-4040-a9e8-81f90eac1289">Re: Resolutions Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Resolutions Poll : You'll start it around Dec...;)
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]
    LOL Maybe ....
  • I don't really have a resolution, except to get my car and student loan payed off so I can get moved to CO.  And I need to lose the 10 lbs I've put on since I went off the pill.  I need to stop eating like a bachelor (since H moved ahead of me) and work out 4 or 5 days a week.
  • lindseyann410lindseyann410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    - Start getting back into shape before the wedding.  I'm still what most people would consider to be skinny, but until the last 5 years, I was always been really in shape.  I cheered in college and had to work out/practice at least 16 hours a week.  I have lost pretty much all my muscle tone and I want it back.

- Stop drinking pop/ eating fast food.  I don't do either of these very often, and I've successfully cut them out for long periods of time in the past, I just want to do it more consistently this year.

- Be on time.  This is always a resolution for me.  I've gotten much much better about it, but I still slip up.  
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I think I posted my resolutions in the last resolutions thread, but IIRC, here they are:

-Run my half marathon in February in under 2:30. This is a daunting task considering I haven't run more than 6 miles at one given time, but I'm trying to stick to my training plan.

-Be better about meal planning. We eat out way too often when we don't have something in mind for dinner, and it's really hitting our bank account hard. We love to cook, it's the preparation that kills us.

-Get promoted at work. I'm already doing the work of the next higher pay grade, I'd just like to get the pay and the respect for it.

-Read more books and watch less tv. We're hoping to start doing at least one night a week without turning the tv on. I set a pretty lofty reading goal for 2011 (as you can see in my sig) which I failed miserably, so I think I"ll shoot for 25 in 2012, which is more realistic.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_resolutions-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0756c793-9e99-46e0-9ef8-0496bdce2498Post:e7057475-92f0-4e2a-9700-afc19a8e8c11">Re: Resolutions Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]My goal is to do one random act of kindness every day. I've been taking a pretty hard look at how lucky I am and I want to do something for others since I have the ability.  
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

I LOVE this resolution!

This last year was the first year I actually fufilled a New Years resolution, which was to quit smoking (quit 2/27/11, woot!), and pay down debt (also successfull!)

Here are my goals for 2012:

1.  Compete in my first 5k race.

2.  Fundraise as much $$ as possible for my friend's cancer benefit in April.

3.  Make an effort to really start saving money towards buying a house, now that the cars are paid off and CC bills are almost paid off.

4.  Enroll to (finally) finish college.

That's probably all I can really truly do.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • I've got a handful:
    - Eat cleaner and meal plan
    - Complete the half marathon in April
    - Be more kind to others. I tend to be really impatient and short so just being more considerate of others
    - Spend less money/stop trying to buy happiness
    - Stop looking forward to what's next and just enjoy right now
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes, I set some in the past, I might have reached two in the years. This is I have to lose two inches off my waist, I purchased my dress online but it a bit too small. I kinda have to reach my goal. (I have the dress). 

I also, have a certification test to past this year... I will meet that goal as well. 

My main goal, is to marry my bestfriend and maintain a healthy marriage with him. 
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards