Students
Options

**aggiebug**

Hey there girl!

So sorry for the MIA, I have been so busy with hospital stuff, Army stuff and wedding stuff :)

So our most difficult Step is the first one because it is the score on which your ability to get into residency is based on (very competitive residencies like derm, rads, plastics..require scoring ~90th percentile).  Step 2 isn't so bad except it has a 2nd component where you have to fly to one of 5 test centers in the country for a day of simulated patient fun (ha! for $1000, its such a crime!).

That is so awesome that you will be able to live where the future hubby is :) I think I remembered that you wanted to do large animal?

I was able to catch a few glimpses of the WEG - SOO jealous of your friend too!!!! Did I tell you up until sophomore yr of college I wanted to go to vet school? I'm not quite sure what changed my mind...but I think there is a part of me that wishes I had, especially when my patients abuse the system (ie woman in ER who tells me she's in 10/10 pain as she is pleasantly texting and ignoring me...).
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: **aggiebug**

• Options
    haha GOSH! how dare you be MIA.  Its only 2 weeks away ahhh! So exciting. 

I thought it was step one that was the toughest, and bravo on the top notch job!  Thankfully our NAVLE scores have no bearing on internships/ residencies/ jobs.  Step 2 sounds like a real good time in itself ha.  

I had no clue you wanted to be a vet at one point in time!  Good thing you changed your mind- otherwise you wouldn't have met your almost husband.  Although I think I made the better choice :P  Actualy in my vet school interview they asked what I would do if I was never allowed to go to vet school- I said med school w/ a focus on pediatrics.  I guess I just like the patients that don't talk back haha.  Your ER patient sounds like a load of fun- I would have such a hard time biting my tongue!

Yes I want to do large animals, I love all animals I just love large animal medicine more.  Horses, cattle, goats... I'm nuts!  Although right now I am really conflicted with what I will do.  Going into a mixed animal (I doubt I can find an entirely large animal clinic to work at near enough to FI's job) practice would still pull us far outside the city and away from the church and bible study group that FI has gotten really involved in.  So we will see where I actually end up, right now I am just ready to be done and moving on with my life.  

good luck with the last 2 weeks before the wedding.  I can't wait to see pictures and hear details! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards