Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

help with invite wording

My problem is that I want people to show up at 1:40 for a 2:00 start time.  I'm hiring a professional choir that will begin prelude music at 1:40 and I wrote some of the music they're singing.  I'd really like people to be there for that.  In addition, I really don't want them arriving at two because that is exactly when the ceremony starts. They will not start late for any reason and I will be walking down the aisle at two o clock and no later. So everyone has to be there and be seated before then.  I want to indicate that they need to be there by 1:40 without sounding rude.

Here's what I have.  Does this sound ok? 

Mr. and Mrs. Brides parents

request the honor of your presence

at the Nuptial Mass  at which their daughter

Bride name

and

Groom name

will  be united in Holy Matrimony

on  the seventeenth of July

two thousand ten

at  two o’ clock in the afternoon

The choir will begin the prelude at one forty

name of church

address of church

Re: help with invite wording

• Options
    That sound good. Most pple show up early for bc they know that it is going to start at 2.
  • Options
    I totally understand about a church saying they will not start late for any reason.  However,  I really don't think you need to list the time the Prelude will begin.  Most guests tend to arrive anywhere from 30 min. to 15 min. before the schedule start time. 

Just curious, has your church given the OK for the choir and music you wrote?  My daughter wanted her two cousins (who are both professionals) to sing at her wedding but her church (also in Central Florida) wasn't in favor of the idea at all.
  • Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2010
    I don't know of anyone who arrives at 2 pm for a wedding that the invite says starts at 2 pm.  And, if you don't walk down the aisle at 2, what are they going to do - eject you from the church?  Take a 1:58 pm bathroom break. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Use "uniting" instead of "at which"
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    grr I just typed up a really long answer  to explain and the knot logged me out and didn't post it.
    So here's the very very short version.

Squirry, it's too late in the game to find another church and they all have the same rules anyway so it wouldn't be different.

kristin.... uniting isn't correct because the nuptial mass doesn't unite the couple, the eucharist and the vows do. 
  • Options
    Here are a bunch of suggestions, I'm sorry, I'm not really familiar with Catholic things:

http://www.wedding-wording.com/Catholic_Wedding_Wording.html
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    mrwhitson, thanks for that website, those are some good suggestions. 
  • Options
    Well, I stand by my protest of irritating churches.  :)  If you can't change, then here's what I'd say on the invites:

Mr. and Mrs. Brides parents

request the honour of your presence

as their daughter

Bride name

and

Groom name

are united in Holy Matrimony

during a Nuptial Mass

Saturday. the seventeenth of July

two thousand ten

at  two o’ clock in the afternoon

Church Name
    Address
    City, State
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards