South Carolina
Options

Willow Creek Conservatory & Upsate SC questions

Hello,

I am new to the SC board, as I originally was looking at a wedding in Atlanta near our home, but was convinced to try Willow Creek Conservatory as a Venue.

We have not signed a contract yet, but plan to do it soon, as its a beutiful place close to my grand parents and the FI family in greenville.

My question is has anyone heard anything good/bad about Willow Creek.

Second since all of my research has been in and around ATL does anyone have a summary post showing upstate SC phtographers, caterers, videographers etc.

It's going to be a bit harder to do things further away but with lots of family there I think it will work out.

Re: Willow Creek Conservatory & Upsate SC questions

• Options
    jennalynne2jennalynne2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't heard anything about Willow Creek, but there's a thread a little further down with a few vendor reviews/recommendations.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've only heard good things about Willow Creek.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I contacted them when I first got engaged and wasn't impressed, but I have heard things from other brides.

We opted to use The Historic Woodburn in Pendleton. They are MUCH more flexible and we're able to have a similar look for less and with more personalization.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just had a wedding at Willow Creek and it is a very beautiful venue; however, we were told we would have use of the entire house and they roped off the upstirs and are now trying to charge us an extra $300 cleaning fee.  They were supposed to supply tents for the wedding, but the day before the wedding I saw the tents which were green and white stiped, stained, and full of holes with tape patching them and had to scramble to find new tents!  Their tables were in very poor shape, and they promised us a refund for the items of theirs that we did not use and now they will not pay it.  Their electical service was not strong enought o handle the band equipment and tent lights.  The power kept going out, and they did not fix it.  We had to unplug some of our tent lights to keep the band up and running.  They have gone back on their word several times.  I would be weary of using them.
  • Options
    Plumbb2Plumbb2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I went to a wedding there just last month. It was very beautiful and seemed like a great place. The people there did seem a little strict. The wedding party was a young and partiers. The bride and groom had rented the house out for the wedding party to stay at for the weekend and the owners made us be quite at 11pm, the owner stayed the night. Also hotels are at least 15-20mins from the place. Besides that I thought the place was pretty. They have a new gazebo that the reception was under and that was really nice, besides the walk to the bathroom ;). We had no power outages.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards