March 2012 Weddings
Options

Anyone have some guidance? - Ceremony question

So, how long should I bank on it taking for the two mothers, three bridesmaids and flower girl to walk down the aisle? Is one song long enough?

Also, would it be ok if my brother-in-law (one of the groomsmen), came back down the aisle to walk my mom down, then returned to his place? Or should my dad walk her down, then come back inside to me?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
Still here and still fabulous!

Re: Anyone have some guidance? - Ceremony question

• Options
    As far as time, I don't know- but your question on the groomsman walking your mom down- i'm having the best man walk my mom down the aisle. then he will take his place at the alter. HTH!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    IIf it we're me I''d probably have my brother in law walk her down before I had my dad go down the aisle twice. My mom is remarried, so fortunately, she'll be walking down with my stepdad. JP will be walking is grandmother down the aisle though before he takes his place at the front.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I believe one of my brothers will be walking my Mom in. One is a GM and the other is doing the reading. If the one that is the GM he will just go back down the aisle to meet up with his BM at the end of the aisle to walk in.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I think one song should be plenty! And I say brother in law!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_anyone-guidance-ceremony-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:648d1636-6aac-4790-90c4-041a248d1b27Post:2d85128f-dcea-4be8-86d6-f1d9332d2185">Re: Anyone have some guidance? - Ceremony question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think one song should be plenty! And I say brother in law!
    Posted by w+c3[/QUOTE]

<div>Agreed. We're only doing one song and it sounds to me like that's pretty common. I think my nephew is going to walk my mom to her seat. I would go with your brother in law for sure.</div>
    March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're doing one song for the Moms' but they are walking down by themselves...and then a separate song for the BMs...So, one song should be fine and I agree with pp, Brother in law :)
    March 2012 January Siggy Challenge:Favorite Engagement Pic Photobucket
    341image Invited to our dream wedding!!
    259image Are ready to party
    82image Are missing out
    0image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 3/10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards