Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

First Dress Fitting Today!

ahh wish me luck. Im kinda nervous. I bought my dress at Davids Bridal, but when I called to schedule an alterations consult they didnt have anything open until end of April unless I wanted to take a personal day at work. I tried other DB's and they were even worse...no appointments available at all between now and our wedding (june 4). So im going to a local lady who has her own buisness out of her home.

keeping the fingers crossed she can do it!

Re: First Dress Fitting Today!

• Options
    erinkay81erinkay81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She might be even better than David's! :)
    I went to a well-reviewed local seamstresses after not appreciating how rushed the bridal shop staff seemed- they were also always booked! Good luck! I'm sure you will be very happy!
    LOTS For Sale!! Update 7/6--> erinanddavewedding.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes I agree, I am sure she will do a great job, possibly even better than david's bridal. Nothing to worry about you're going to look GORGEOUS! =)
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooh exciting-- good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that is crazy about David's bridal!!! I cannot believe they are so booked up, but I am glad that you were able to find a seamstress!! I hope it goes great and post PICTURES!!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies!!! it went good and she is able to do the work!! and save me money!! the top of the dress fits me funny and the bra i bought isn't working our right so she told me to get another bra to give me some more "umph" and shes gonna cut it apart and sew it into the dress. Once we get that done shes gonna work on taking it in...so I will have pics then!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck Junebug, You'll look gorgeous no matter what!! I go for my first dress fitting on Tuesday. I'm so excited ;)
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  I took a look at your dress again, totally love it, fits you so well even before the fittings too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks motochick&sara! i bought a new bra so hopefully it will fit even better now!
  • Options
    MeatAuditorMeatAuditor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    David's messed up my friend's dress when they did the alterations, then told her that was the only way they knew how to alter the bodice, so she had to pick out an entirely different dress.  They gave her store credit.

I don't buy their story about not being able to alter it.  I think an independent seamstress could have done better.  I think you ended up with a way better deal and higher quality. 
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on finding a great seamstress!  Your dress is really stunning!
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards