New York

Just wondering...

What did you all buy for your bridesmaid gifts?  I'm just wondering because on the national boards everyone says "shop for them like it's their birthday".  Every wedding I've stood up in, I received gifts that were wedding related.  I never thought anything of it.  Sooo, I was just wondering...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Just wondering...

• Happily9Happily9 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's common to do the necklaces.  Other than that I don't think it's expected unless you are requiring them to wear one certain kind.  I am getting them their jewelry and also a few other personal gifts.
  • edited December 2011
    I got my girls a little bracelet and a hanger by Kara!! I have 2 MOHs anf I plan on getting them something more. Probably a "sisters" type frame. I havent decided yet (3 weeks left I should prolly hurry huh?!) but thats why I put both...

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    A little of both.  I did tote bags, bracelets, hangers... random stuff.  I will get each a bottle of wine that I know they will enjoy.

I think the idea with the "wedding" type gifts is that if it is something you mandate they wear (a necklace, earrings, etc) then it doesn't really count as a gift and you should probably get them a little something extra.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm starting to look at BM gifts now and I'm going to get them stuff unrelated to the wedding (cute photo album, fancy lotion/soap, jewelry not for the wedding).  I'm letting them wear whatever jewelry they want for the wedding; they all have good taste and I trust them.

I've been a BM twice and both times I've gotten jewelry for the wedding as the main gift.  There were also a couple of other small gifts.  I wouldn't have known that just jewelry is "not okay" if I didn't come on here!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I thought this would be the outcome!  I'm doing both too.  I got "friend" frames for each of them, they're all different and I bought zipper pouches from a company called 31.  I picked a pattern that suited each of their tastes and had their initial embroidered on it.  My little sister is only 9, so instead of the zipper pouch she gets a bookbag (it's so cute)!  Now I'm just wondering what to stuff them with, getting an empty bag is no fun!  I thought of "survival kit" type stuff: mini hairspray, bobbypins, etc.  If any of you are doing survival kits, let me know what you're putting in them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards