Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Reception venue prices

We're looking at places in Northern Kentucky and have found a few gorgeous but pricey places for a Saturday reception. I know we could save nearly half on a Friday but my guy feels people won't come due to work interfering. I dont want him to worry or we miss people we want there. So i'm trying to see if anyone's willing to negotiate minimum purchase prices for our budget.
Has anyone had any luck with Saturday price breaks at Drees, The Madison or Grand? Any tips?
Thanks in advance ladies:

Re: Reception venue prices

• Options
    edited January 2013
    I recall *The Madison sending out an email in january-ish of 2011 stating that they were offering 1/2 price receptions up until April 30th of 2011- you might want to watch for something like that from them?

EDIT: Added "The Madison", thought you'd like to know which venue I was talking about. :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I hear that the Madison will work with you a little. If you know of anyone who has gone with them and had some kind of discount, they will work with you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck with that..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Maidison was wiilling to price match to Receptions Erlanger for me.  We went with Receptions because the location was easier for OOT guests, and they threw in a bit more.  Because our reception was in November, and we only needed the smallest room, we got the Friday price for a Saturday night.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_reception-venue-prices?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:a9ccc3a1-9e9f-40b2-9bd8-c1f8e695fffbPost:9c509125-248f-44c5-a911-b5e7fe20c6b0">Re: Reception venue prices</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maidison was wiilling to price match to Receptions Erlanger for me.  <strong>We went with Receptions because the location was easier for OOT guests, and they threw in a bit more. </strong> Because our reception was in November, and we only needed the smallest room, we got the Friday price for a Saturday night.
    Posted by hccpsu[/QUOTE]

<div>We were the same.  The extra perks that Receptions gave us (better and more food), the location, and convenient parking made us choose them over the Madison.  They were also much easier to work with because we had a Vietnamese wedding and catered in a few ethnic dishes, and they allowed us to do that at no cost while the Madison would have charged us a fee.</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards