Maryland-Baltimore

Wedding across the Baybridge?

Does anyone know about having traffic problems for weddings across the baybridge? we are thinking about having it on a Friday in August...

Re: Wedding across the Baybridge?

• Well, not generally, but a Friday in August absolutely.  Everyone goes to the beach in August, on Friday.  You may get away with having it later but I am unsure when traffic dies down in the summer.  Even in September when my fiance goes hunting on the eastern shore, he sits in traffic when he leaves around 5 on fridays (so at the bridge by 530-6 oclock).  So you would either have to ask people to take off work and get there before rush hour (difficult), or you might have a few late guests if you start around 6pm.  
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Oh, and depending upon when, the tolls are going to increase again come 2013, so if anyone comes from north of Baltimore, they will be paying almost $15 in just tolls and then there's gas.  

My best recommendation is to have it as late as you can, like 7pm.  People need to get off work, go home, straighten up, and then drive in traffic.  I went to a friday wedding recently at about 5pm and while I had no issues, so many people complained about the timing, and this was local not across the bridge.
    imageimage
  • I would not ask guests to cross the bridge on a Friday from May-September. It's just not pretty. Let's put it this way, in my office we have folks who commute from the Eastern Shore to Baltimore for work. In the summers they re-arrange their entire work schedules so that they are either off or working from home on Fridays because of the bridge traffic.
  • Well said Lovekiss.  I have much less experience but just know its bad news.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards