Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

mother of the bride

my mother picked out a black gown for my wedding in august, would this be appropriate

Re: mother of the bride

• Options
    carolyns4882carolyns4882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I stressed about my mom and my future mother in laws dresses. My mom picked a navy blue Priscilla of Boston strapless long dress that is very pretty. In my opinion it's not dressy or special enough for her daughters Saturday night wedding. However, she really likes it and is comfortable in it. My point is, stressing about what everyone wears is kind of a waste of time. If your mom likes the dress that's great! In the end everyone is going to be looking at the bride :) !
  • Options
    erickskderickskd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I kind of agree with above - as long as the dress is appropriate to wear to a wedding and is flattering on your mom, don't worry about it.  Besides which black is very in right now at weddings (ie lots of BMs wearing black).  Could be worse - she could be wearing white!
  • Options
    CaitlinB516CaitlinB516 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Honestly I don't see anything wrong with wearing black to any event. Although I do need to tell you that my uncle got married 6 or 7 years ago and people still talk about the mob wearing black as if mourning the loss of her daughter. It's mainly because she's an incredibly rude person to begin with. It was a few years ago so times have changed!!

September 25, 2010!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards