DC

Strathmore Music Center/Mansion

Hi Knotties,Has anyone ever attended a wedding here or is having one there? I live in Cali right now and grew up next to this venuw, but have never seen a wedding actually set up. Any thoughts? Pros? Cons? Thanks so much!!!!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Strathmore Music Center/Mansion

• edited December 2011
    msg rachelbg - her wedding was there in June.  I think she's also got reviews on www.dcknottiereview.com
  • edited December 2011
    my best friend just married there in July and it was gorgeous! She had it at the Music Center (ceremony outside/cocktail hour outside and reception inside!). everything about this place was awesome, especially the food and wait staff.if you message me with your email I can send you some pics!
  • edited December 2011
    VTButterfly...can you send me pics too?  Lyss5782 at hotmail.  I am getting married there in July!  Yay!
    226 Invitedimage 153 Are Ready to Partyimage 68 Are Washing Their Hairimage 5 Better Not Make Me Hunt Them Downimage RSVP Date: June 15
    July 10, 2010
    imageimage
    Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Yep, Jenmcg is right:)  I had my wedding there and it was a beautiful and unique venue.  I have reviews in my bio but let me know if you have specific q's. rkbanov on yahoo
  • HoosierTerpHoosierTerp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The music center and the mansion are two different places.  We looked at the music center and it is a unique venue.  We wanted more of an all inclusive place, but the music center was our second choice.
  • michelle1009michelle1009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was a guest of a wedding there last year. Yes, the mansion and the music center are two different venues. The wedding I attended was at the music center and it was beautiful. However the bride (my counsin) told me it was her 2nd choice. Her 1st choice was the rooftop terrace at the kennedy center. The only problem was they were booked when she wanted to get married. The bride  said they did have a number of rules/regulations that as she planned she thought were a bit much. Shoot her wedding planner an email she said she can tell you all about it, she is willing to share any information she has. Her email address is specialoccasions@aol.com and her name is Monica. Again Strathmore great location, but check out the kennedy center that is really one stop shopping and a great view of the city.
  • asha03asha03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am thinking about getting married there, but I had some questions about the caterers.  Are they expensive or reasonable?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards