August 2013 Weddings
Options

My Dress is in!!

I just got the call my dress is in! I can't wait to go have the first fitting! May 16th will not come fast enough!

How many fittings are you guys doing??

I will have my first May 16th then a final fitting a month before the wedding.

How many of you are wearing a bra? Having cups sewing into the dress?

Re: My Dress is in!!

• Options

Yay!!!! Awwww thats so so wonderful :)

Congrats!!!! Thats so exciting and it will be a fun day to look forward to!

I am awaiting for my dress to come in - i ordered it Jan 6, 2013

Im thinking prob 2 or 3 fittings most def - im going to bring my MOH & Mom to make sure they learn the bustle ;)

Also - gonna keep it au natural so no bra as ive been blessed (thanks mommy!) haha

Anniversary

Vacation
  • Options
    I ordered mine way in advance.  I saw it this summer, fell in love and bought it. It came in sometime in October. I plan to try it on sometime again in April, get an idea of where it'll need to be altered, then do alterations in May. Right now, the dress is hanging in my FSIL's closet at his parents house. I've only tried it on once, the day I picked it up.

I went au natural at my friends wedding with her one shoulder BM dress, and I was comfortable in it.  My dress is also a one shoulder style, however, I am opting for a corset underneath.  It'll give me more of the shape I am looking for. Unless I find a really good strapless bra that will hold up nicely, which I doubt.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yay, you must be so excited! Will you be trying on the dress at all before your first fitting in May? I really wanted cups sewn but I am top heavy and my dress has a very low back, so people are telling me it won't provide enough support. I really don't want to wear a corset or strapless bra, but we'll see what my seamtress says when the time comes. What will you be wearing underneath?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 123 Invited
    image 96 Are ready to party
    image 27 Will be missing out
    image 0 Are undecided
  • Options
    Yay!  That is so exciting!  

My dress came in at the beginning of January.  I tried it on then and paid the balance,.  They said not to start fittings until June, so I believe I'll have 2 fittings in June and July.  My dress is about a size too big and way too long.  I'll also have a bustle added and cups sewn in.  

linnyv: I am in similar situation.  I am also pretty top heavy and I bought an allure gown with a lower back.  My seasmstress said it won't be any problem to have the cups sewn in.  She's been working on wedding gowns since 1986, so I trust her judgement.
  • Options
    It's good to hear that somebody else is starting in May! My salon recommended June but I'm not expecting to gain or lose weight so I'd feel more comfortable starting earlier. I'm hoping to make an appointment when I go back Saturday with the BMs. I'll be going with sewn in cups. Not a lot to support over here!
  • Options
    Awesome!!

I got my dress so long ago, at this point, but back when I bought it it fit me perfectly! I don't think I've gained any significant weight since then...hopefully.

I am going to get any alterations done in May, but hopefully they will be minor. There is a boustier sewn into the dress, so no bra needed!
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March siggy:THE DRESS
    photo practically_perfect_2_zpsb1ba38c6.jpg
  • Options
    Yayyy! I'm also starting my alterations in May. My salon strongly recommended that. I'm definitely sewing cups in. Hopefully padded ones, because I could use some help in that area :)

If you can make it work, see if you can go in just to try it on once. I did it and it was super fun and I feel good knowing I've seen my actual dress on.
  • Options
    Yay! I got mine way early as well.m and it came in 2 wks after I bought it. : I'm planning on going for alterations in May/June. It's a perfect fit except for the length. Also I am very busty DDD so I have to have a bra. I don't think cups sewn in would support my girls.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    linnyv27linnyv27 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    In Response to Re:My Dress is in!!:Yay! nbsp;That is so exciting! nbsp;My dress came in at the beginning of January. nbsp;I tried it on then and paid the balance,. nbsp;They said not to start fittings until June, so I believe I'll have 2 fittings in June and July. nbsp;My dress is about a size too big and way too long. nbsp;I'll also have a bustle added and cups sewn in. nbsp;linnyv: I am in similar situation. nbsp;I am also pretty top heavy and I bought an allure gown with a lower back. nbsp;My seasmstress said it won't be any problem to have the cups sewn in. nbsp;She's been working on wedding gowns since 1986, so I trust her judgement. Posted by audubonbride2013 That's a relief to hear. I have yet to talk to my seamstress about it but as soon as my dress arrives in mid May, I'll take it to her right away so she can look at it. I found a very low back bra/corset with good reviews, so at least I have a plan b just in case. Strapless bras are just so uncomfortable for me. What Allure gown did you get? I love dresses with a low back.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 123 Invited
    image 0 Are undecided
  • Options
    I got the Allure 8862.  It goes into a V in the back so I originally thought there was going to be no way to get cups sewn in (I'm a very full D), but my seamstress reassured me.
  • Options
    My dress is supposed to arrive the end of May so I will go in for my first fitting and then another in July if I need to. I am a 34C and am getting cups sewn in. I hate strapless and don't want to be tugging at it all day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    How exciting! It's a gorgeous gown! So far I've only done one fitting for the hem and bustle, the rest of the dress fits perfectly :-) I'm also getting the bra cups sewn into the dress, gives me a little extra oomph!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_my-dress-is-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:d27a4443-6ef9-465d-91f8-ba4ddfebe8cdPost:f83f8b3f-bf3f-4e10-bd48-89084d576ff5">Re: My Dress is in!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got the Allure 8862.  It goes into a V in the back so I originally thought there was going to be no way to get cups sewn in (I'm a very full D), but my seamstress reassured me.
    Posted by audubonbride2013[/QUOTE]

A friend that recently got married (October 2012) wore the same gown - such a beautiful dress. I choose the Jim Hjelm 8214 and a small D, so you're giving me hope!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 123 Invited
    image 0 Are undecided
  • Options
    Sooo exciting! I've had my dress sitting in my closet for the last 14 months. It's killing me!!!! I'm taking it back in a couple months to get it fitted. I think I'm going to have 3 fittings? It fits pretty good right now, just a little long. I will not be wearings a bra or getting cups sewn in. My dress is tight enough that I don't need a bra and I HATE strapless. I wear a 38DD so I don't need any extra going on! haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_my-dress-is-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:d27a4443-6ef9-465d-91f8-ba4ddfebe8cdPost:402c143d-1b92-4e00-ae12-ea28175e8cad">My Dress is in!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just got the call my dress is in! I can't wait to go have the first fitting! May 16th will not come fast enough! How many fittings are you guys doing?? I will have my first May 16th then a final fitting a month before the wedding. How many of you are wearing a bra? Having cups sewing into the dress?
    Posted by RailWayWife[/QUOTE]

<div>Woohoo!   I called my salon to tell them that I had lost quite a bit of weight since purchasing the gown.  They told me to come in and put the gown back on.  They will then let me know how many fittings will be required.  I am expecting at least 3 fittings.  I guess I better get moving on this because time is flying.  </div><div>
    </div><div>As for a bra I've no clue.  The way my gown is now I think I would have to go without or get cups sown in.  Since I am a 38DD and used to straps  so going strapless or without a bra scares me.  LOL!  </div>

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards