Retro and Vintage Weddings
Options

clashing bouquet help!

so we are having an art nouveau/deco themed wedding in an art museum, we are planning on doing a lot in cala lily's, as they seem to be one of the comon flowers when looking at that style art work, however i am doing a brooch bouquet and i am not sure how to coordinate my bridesmaids bouquets or grooms/groomsmens boutineirs into this without clashing. Origionally the girls were going to have simple, long stemmed bouquets of three lily's, i don't know if i should add a brooch to the bouquet wrapping or in the bouquet somewhere or what. need help pulling this all together!!!

Re: clashing bouquet help!

• Options
    Tying the calla lilies with a ribbon and adding a brooch to the ribbon seems like a great way to link the bridesmaids' bouquets to your own bouquet.   It sounds like you have it pulled together already.  Take a deep breath and trust your judgment.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_retro-vintage-weddings_clashing-bouquet-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:667Discussion:e19428c8-4fb5-4ded-bead-5ded2b28db8aPost:e1b8c77b-929e-466e-a884-44e8519cf354">Re: clashing bouquet help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tying the calla lilies with a ribbon and adding a brooch to the ribbon seems like a great way to link the bridesmaids' bouquets to your own bouquet.   It sounds like you have it pulled together already.  Take a deep breath and trust your judgment.
    Posted by Emanons[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree!  Your bouquets do not have to match perfectly, they just need to "go" with one another.  I like the idea of adding a single brooch.  It's simple, elegant, and ties everything together.  For the men, you could just have mini lilies without a brooch.</div>

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards