Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

lots of Q's to my fellow knotties!! HELP!

Okay, our wedding is 80 days away (or so)... I can't believe it!!! We've gotten some major CHECKS off the list!

Checks:
  • Invites are OUT!
  • Picked music for DJ
  • Verified details with most all vendors
  • Girls have their dresses!!!
  • Men are getting fitted - Groom has his!
  • Bridal gifts are all in!
Now to the questions... I'm more wondering about timing and if you ladies did these!
  • Facials - did you ladies do a couple facials before the big day? when did you start them?
  • Waxing - oh yes.. ouch. Do you recommend getting a wax for the honeymoon etc?
  • Marriage License - when did you pick yours up?? (we are in Hennepin Cty)
  • Veil - I still need one... and want one that is just to the edge of my train (chapel length train) - so, I'll want a Chapel veil, correct?
Okay, that's all for now! p.s. I STRONGLY STRONGLY encourage ANYONE who is looking for Totes for gifts for their BM's etc.. to use VistaPrint!!! I just got mine and LOVE them! I'll post a pic soon. They were super cheap, around $50 for 10 of them (giving one to my future MIL and my Mom too.

L
12/17/86 - "Once upon a time...." 10/08/11 - "Happily ever after..." imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker White Knot Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: lots of Q's to my fellow knotties!! HELP!

• drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can help with a couple of them!

Waxing - oh yes.. ouch. Do you recommend getting a wax for the honeymoon etc?
    Yes! But I am a big fan of waxing. I started about a year out from the wedding just to see if I liked it and got hooked! Do you wax now? If not, I would try to go now to see if you like it. If it were me I wouldnt want any surprises that close to my wedding day. Also know that it can take a couple days for redness to go away. I got waxed on Thursday for my Saturday wedding and it was perfect! It last me a couple weeks too so I was good to go for both the wedding and HM. The other thing to note is that you need somthing like 1/4 inch of hair for it to work. This is usually about 4 weeks of not shaving for me so you have to time it right.

Marriage License - when did you pick yours up?? (we are in Hennepin Cty)
    I think it lasts for 6 months in MN so I would go get yours now. There is really no reason to wait and it took about a week to get to me after we applied for it.

• edited December 2011
    Hey girl..

I started getting facials every month starting Jan 2011 for our May 2011 wedding. I would schedule one the week before the wedding, mine was the week of and I was already breaking out from stress and there was nothing they could do at that point but have my MUA cover it up.

Yay! Have fun with the rest of planning
    :)
  • edited December 2011
    Oh my word, you two are great!!! Thanks so much!! And Shan - you were just a beautiful bride!!!! Heck those pics look nice too. :) Thanks so much for both of your help!!!!!!

L
    12/17/86 - "Once upon a time...." 10/08/11 - "Happily ever after..." imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker White Knot Follow Me on Pinterest
  • jmkaiserjmkaiser member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Now to the questions... I'm more wondering about timing and if you ladies did these!
    • Facials - did you ladies do a couple facials before the big day? when did you start them?  I get facials no matter what every other month. Try to get your final facial about two weeks prior to the wedding. Sometimes you break out a little after the facial so I wouldn't risk it.
    • Waxing - oh yes.. ouch. Do you recommend getting a wax for the honeymoon etc?  I didn't do this but I would also recommend doing this way before your actual wedding day. Don't try something new right before the wedding--you never know how you might react to the treatment.
    • Marriage License - when did you pick yours up?? (we are in Hennepin Cty)  We got ours I think about three months prior. It's valid for 6 months
    • Veil - I still need one... and want one that is just to the edge of my train (chapel length train) - so, I'll want a Chapel veil, correct?  Yes. Look around. Almost everywhere I looked, they were SO expensive. I ended up finding my veil (not chapel however) for $45.

Good luck with all your planning.

• edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!!!!! You gals rock!!! I will be going with ALL of your suggestions!

L

• schmoodschmood member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    since the other gals have answered the other questions... I'll just chime in about the veil.  I ended up having my alterations lady make one for me.  I just wanted a basic one and couldn't find one for less than $100, which I wasn't interested in paying that much.  She made it for $25.  Mine was fingertip length, so a longer one may be a little more...  Might be something to look into. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I just got our marriage license last week - we went to the Ridgedale Service Center, gave them the application, and walked out with the license in hand that day - no waiting!  Side note, they give you two extras that say "souvenir copy" on the bottom.... as though its a deck of cards or a shot glass with your name on it that you picked up in Disney World, lol!!

My Planning Bio Updated 9.2.11
    My New House Bio! Updated 5.8.11
    image 356 Invited image 144 will be there! image 212 missing out image 0 holding up the show

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Lauren just a FYI you can get your marriage license in whatever county you want. We got married in Stearns county but with work I was always at Anoka County Jail/Courthouse so I got ours there. David was out of state so I had to fill out an extra form and get it certified.

I was living in Hennepin county at the time but did not have the patience to tackle that office. Just a FYI if you don't want to eithre. :)

Just know that int he future you will have to contact the issuing county for copies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards