Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Crap. Bikini season already??

Honeymoon is in 5 months and will be in Dominican Republic. Cant wait! But um...I'm so not ready to think about trying on bathing suits for summer OR for the honeymoon. Had surgey 2 weeks ago and scars look awful. Bad. Gross. Normally I heal well but these scars look like keloid (sp?) scars. If they arent significantly better very soon I will be looking at my first one-piece. Awesome.

Re: Crap. Bikini season already??

• Options
    I burned my stomach draining pasta about 3 months before the wedding.  I bought a new one piece and wore a cover up over my bikini.  It wasn't the end of the world.
  • Options
    OUCH Cry
    Actually some one-pieces are pretty cute. Especially some of the mono-kinis.
  • Options
    I am not a doctor by any stretch of the imagination, but my sister had a lot of luck with BioOil for removing her scars.  I also like squeezing out the Vitamin E oil from a vitamin onto the area to keep it moisturized and healing. Maybe these are things you could try when the scars heal a little more and are less prone to infection?

Monokinis, like a PP mentioned, are a great idea too.  You could maybe find one that covers the scarred area but still gives you that bikini look.  And I know my FI thinks mine is really sexy...
    Final Siggy Challenge: Favorite photo with FI
    At the Apple Orchard
  • Options
    Good ideas, thanks :)
  • Options
    Or, and I'm just throwing this out there, you can love your body the way it is and wear the swimsuit you love, scars and all. I know that's hard, but seriously, I bet your husband will think you look amazing, no matter what. Is there anyone else you're trying to impress?Tongue out
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_crap-bikini-season-already?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:a389485c-759e-48eb-b85f-94d071d0799fPost:41bb3c6a-5d73-4051-882b-6fa481aef718">Re: Crap. Bikini season already??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Or, and I'm just throwing this out there, you can love your body the way it is and wear the swimsuit you love, scars and all. I know that's hard, but seriously, I bet your husband will think you look amazing, no matter what. Is there anyone else you're trying to impress?
    Posted by kaesha[/QUOTE]

True! Exactly what my FI says actually. He says that the scars are hardly noticeable but that's because he loves me.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_crap-bikini-season-already?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:a389485c-759e-48eb-b85f-94d071d0799fPost:41bb3c6a-5d73-4051-882b-6fa481aef718">Re: Crap. Bikini season already??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Or, and I'm just throwing this out there, you can love your body the way it is and wear the swimsuit you love, scars and all. I know that's hard, but seriously, I bet your husband will think you look amazing, no matter what. Is there anyone else you're trying to impress?
    Posted by kaesha[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto this!  Rock your bikinis on your HM! I'm sure FI will be happy :0)</div>
  • Options
    one pieces are sort of  "in" again so if you do go that route there are some sexy 1pices out there. cocoa butter is also good at healing scars. Oh and mederma
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards