Pennsylvania
Options

New to the group

Hey guys my predicament is a little frustrating. I grew up in the poconos but I moved to New Jersery a few years ago and I'm doing all my planning for up there down here. I haven't been able to find any vendors in my area that have a website to check out since my venue isn't in the Scranton/Wilkes-barre area but north of that around Lake Wallenpaupack. If ANYBODY has any tips for me from florists to DJ's to caterers help me out :-D

Re: New to the group

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I`m from Lehigh Valley, used to live in NJ. Not sure if I can help you, but please let me know if you need anything. I hope some other girls will be able to help you:)

Good luck,
    Beata
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ctarant0ctarant0 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should definitely ask your reception venue if they have a list of recommended vendors.  That can be a great start. 

I am getting married in the Mount Pocono area, but almost all of our vendors are from the Lehigh Valley area.  We are not paying any additional costs for travel.

The Shawnee Inn (a little south of Mount Pocono) usually has a wedding expo this time of year, you may be able to get in touch with local vendors there as well. 

Good luck!
    ~Together since July 19, 2005~ ~Married since June 17, 2011~ ~TTC Soon!~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am from the Scranton Area.  I am not sure if you are planning to get married in the Poconos or Scranton/WB.  I have some good places if it is in the Scranton Area.  Feel free to Private Message me if this applies to you.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got married on Lake Wallenpaupak.  Ask your venue if you have one (if not, I LOVED Ehrhardt's Waterfront Resort)  for a list of ideas.

I would 100% recommend our Florist, the Lavender Goose.  They were GREAT.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards