July 2013 Weddings

Any ideas for shedding lbs?

Just curious who is planning to or already has plans to lose a few lbs? Anyone doing a bridal bootcamp? Crossfit?  New diet tips?     A friend of mine is doing Body by Vi and says that's been working. I plan on upping my milage for my runs but I'm sure once the wedding gets closer I'm not going to have time to run after I run around making sure things are done, paid off, and not late lol     I've always *tried* to be a healthy eater and lately been debating about the mean green shake and juicing recipes.  Has anyone tried this?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Any ideas for shedding lbs?

• Chels&JimmyChels&Jimmy member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited April 2012
    I definitely want to shed some body fat and put on some muscle for the wedding! My FI is a national-level competitive bodybuilder so our whole lifestyle is basically eating and training. I have definitely been slacking as of late due to lack of motivation, but after my birthday next week I plan to get my ass in gear. I typically do six small meals a day (high in protein, low in carbs, moderate healthy fats), and cardio and weight training five days a week.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i'm actually trying to lose A LOT of weight for the wedding...like, at least 50 lbs!! i've lost nine doing MyFitnessPal, and i just started Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred yesterday :) feel free to add me on MFP if you're on it! my name's missquela again.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Honestly, I just lead an active lifestyle and don't eat too poorly. I'm not going to lose any weight doing this, but I'm also not going to gain any which is my goal. I am kicking up the exercise a little bit, but that has more to do with wanting to be more fit than wanting to lose weight for our wedding. 

I think if you're going to start drinking more juices dieting in general you'll just have to make sure you're still getting enough of all the nutrients you need. You definitely don't want to end up low on energy while you're trying to plan. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Zumba + BodyPump + Running + Eating healthy/portioning appropriately = my plan!

LOVE zumba...bodypump is great for toning....and running (planning on doing the ColorRun5K and Falmouth RoadRace this summer, whoop!)...as far as dieting/nutrition goes, I don't believe in fad diets. I'm all for eating what you want as long as the less healthy stuff is in moderation...I think depriving yourself of the occassional oreo or ice cream cone just sets you up for defeat!

Maybe we can start a little support group/team on here! Starting July, which is our one year mark! What do you guys think??
  • Im all for a support group! Count me in!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Count me in for a support group! I would love to loose 30-ish pounds before the wedding. That's about what I have gained since having my ACL replaced in my left knee a couple years ago, and I would love to see it go away. :) 
  • I'm interested in forming a support group. I think Beads makes a good point though - I would want the group to be a support for getting fit and living an active, healthy lifestyle... not just "okay, what kind of fad/crash diet can we all jump on board with to shed pounds for our weddings?" I have gone through that before and it only leads to failure (i.e. gaining all the weight back). The key for me personally is to think about changing my lifestyle and not just losing pounds for a certain event. If we could help each other with that, I'm definitely in! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Some of the girls I at work are going on Body by Vi but I don't want to be dependent in one specific product for weight loss or maintenance. I'm also interested in a support for healthier lifestyles. I am ordering a canicross belt next time I get pd so my sibe and I can start running in place of ouram walks.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_any-ideas-for-shedding-lbs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:593604e9-fc7b-4b6b-9a81-d7161663b516Post:c50f6f03-614f-4820-a758-c37fe0f49445">Re: Any ideas for shedding lbs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Some of the girls I at work are going on Body by Vi but I don't want to be dependent in one specific product for weight loss or maintenance.
    Posted by flutterbride2b[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I have heard of people having great success with Body by Vi, and that is awesome... but if I'm not mistaken it's only a 90-day program. What happens after you are done with the shakes? 
    </div><div>
    </div><div>So how do we want to set up our support group ladies? Should we make a sticky on here?</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_any-ideas-for-shedding-lbs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:593604e9-fc7b-4b6b-9a81-d7161663b516Post:3c34de63-d2fe-415c-ba4c-c36d087f0ac5">Re: Any ideas for shedding lbs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any ideas for shedding lbs? : I have heard of people having great success with Body by Vi, and that is awesome... but if I'm not mistaken it's only a 90-day program. What happens after you are done with the shakes?  So how do we want to set up our support group ladies? Should we make a sticky on here?
    Posted by Chels&Jimmy[/QUOTE]

I work at a bank and one of the local consultants is a customer of ours.  She still drinks a half a shake a day for maintenance/the nutritional value.  I know when I went on their website they had an autoship option, I don't recall anything about it being just 90 days. 

Do we want to do a sticky?  Or would something like a weekly accountability post be more useful where we can check in with progress, plans for the week, etc.  I know on the GIS board they do daily posts but I think that might be a bit much for a month board :)
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • I recently lost around 15 pounds using an app called Lose It. It's free and very easy to use, and basically helps you watch calories (and any other nutritional facts you want to follow). It worked very well, for me at least! I just tried to be under my calorie limit every day (with a couple cheat days every week, of course :) ) and it went very well! I hope everyone finds something that works for them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • I am with all PP about making a lifestyle change for the better I just bought a Women's health workout DVD today and I cannot wait to get it. Since I had my son two years ago I have been so embarrassed of my body my goal is to tone up(and begin to eat healthier) and to have more confidence when I look in the mirror before our big day! I feel like we should all post what our goal is and then help support each other along the way and maybe every month we can post about our personal progress?
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker July 2013 Knotties April Siggy Challenge - Why July? July 20th 2013 We both love summer!
  • I like the idea of creating a sticky. We can start off by posting our goals like trent suggested. Then we can aim for weekly check-ins.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • McRogolMcRogol member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Trying hard not to be the downer here, but if we're all getting married in July 2013, you're going to have to choose over all health and fitness over a fad or 90 day program...there's like 14 months to go. That's over a year from now! ! Make a CHOICE to not eat junk food and exercise for an hour a day...there isn't any other recipe. It's a life style not a "shed a few pounds for my wedding day" crash diet solution.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards