Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

Ceremony sites

My fiance and I are having our reception in The Pearl Room above McFaddens. We live in Holland so all of our guest our driving to GR for our reception. We were trying to decide between having the ceremony here in Holland or finding a place in GR. The problem is we have no idea where to even start looking in GR. We are having a civil ceremony so we don't want to be married in a church. We were thinking more like a park or something. Any ideas?

Re: Ceremony sites

• Options
    AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't have the ceremony in Holland, that's kind of a far drive to GR for the reception.  Perhaps try St. Ceceilia's.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you don't mind getting married outside you could call the city of grand rapids....they have a couple of parks on the river you can rent for really cheap....or grand rapids art museum also does outside ceremonies....
  • Options
    valeriemay85valeriemay85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are actually from Holland && so are all of our guest so they will be driving to GR either way. But we just wanted to the ceremony && reception closer together. Our plan is to find somewhere outside so I'll call the city of Grand Rapids tomorrow! And I'll look into St Ceceilias and the Museum as well! Thank you both! :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There is a wedding chapel in Coopersville called Point of Grace wedding Chapel
  • Options
    shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would also recommend St. Cecilia's (we looked into it for our wedding), you can actually get married on the Blue Bridge downtown, I think you can get married on the riverfront of the museum as well.  You can also look into DeVos place (they have a patio outside on the river and the lawn at Mangiamo's.  We looked for places downtown too, but this is all I can think of for now.  I'll let you know if I remember anything else!
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would recomend Hager Park. I had my ceremony there and had my reception at St. Cecilias. There are plenty of places that are very private that no one will intrude.  I would definantely go and see it now so you can see what it will look like for you wedding. HTH.
    Kennedy
  • Options
    valeriemay85valeriemay85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into those places. I looked into a few parks but we'll have to move our wedding date to May. I just don't want to pay a lot for a ceremony that isn't even going to last that long. We're just having a civil ceremony so I really don't want to pay more then $100 for a ceremony site.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards