Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Good but Reasonably Priced Alterations

Hi! I bought my wedding dress about 6 months ago and since then I've went down two dress sizes. Needless to say, my dress (which is very detailed) needs to be taken in. I need a fabulous alterations person because I'm in love with my dress and I don't want someone to mess it up! People with personal experience would be very helpful! If you could tell me what they did for you and how much they charged that would be even better.

Re: Good but Reasonably Priced Alterations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Linda G. She had do a hem, a bustle, change out buttons, and take the whole dress in 3 sizes. She charged a little under $200. My dress was couture and silk. She did an awesome job and did it quick. he info is in my bio.
    KRHagen November 2009
  • Options
    adrianzbrideadrianzbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My alterations were done by Maritza Pittman.  She sews for a designer children's store and also sews custom designs and does alterations.  Her work is amazing.  For my dress, she took it in two full sizes and sewed a bustle.  She also pressed the gown and slip for me.  Her email is maritza627@yahoo.com  I highly recommend her!
  • Options
    tseaytseay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you both for your suggestions. I will certainly look into them. I am just glad to see that taking in a dress two sizes is very do-able (without paying an arm and a leg or ruining the dress).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Dora Baker's Bridal Alterations and past chat reviews,  brides rave about her attention to detail and reasonable prices.  She also has a website www.dorabakerbridal@aol

good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards