Colorado-Denver
Options

plastic folding chairs: cover or no cover?

So my wedding reception site has plastic chairs avaliable for only a dollar a chair but theyre really not the best looking things.

I considered renting chair covers but couldn't embrace the idea of spending $200+ just to cover the chairs when I'm not even sure I like the look of chair covers -sometimes I feel like it just looks like too much fabric everywhere. So I'm thining about just going with sashes and hoping that rest of the decorations will draw attention away from the chairs, but I can't decide if I think sashes will look silly alone on the chair...Any ideas? Suggestions?

Re: plastic folding chairs: cover or no cover?

• Options
    mizjodimizjodi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is what I always say about chair covers; IF they're noticed, it's usually only the beginning when people first walk in. After that, the chairs are hardly noticed! So I say skip it :)
    BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i would say don't waste your money

but you could do some nice DIY pomanders on them or just the ones on the isles
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    brew311brew311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think sashes would look weird on those particular chairs w/ no cover.  I like Sara's idea of pomanders, very cute.  Are these the chairs for ceremony, reception or both?  Either way, maybe some aisle decorations or pomanders for ceremony (aisle) and leave them alone for the reception.  Noone will know the difference at the reception, they will be ready to party :)
    Photobucket

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the ideas everyone!  The chairs would be for the reception only, I'm planning on some pretty awesome centerpieces and uplighting for the space so hopefully the bare chairs wont be as noticable.
  • Options
    brew311brew311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Then I wouldn't even bother.  I'm a big fan of uplighting and your guests will truly not notice the chairs w/ so much other fun stuff to look at
    Photobucket

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards