DC
Options

DJ recommendations under $1k?? is that possible?

I am looking for a good DJ that isn't too pricey.  All of them that I have seen are over $1500!

Does anyone have any recommendations for a DJ under $1k for a wedding in NOVA?
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: DJ recommendations under $1k?? is that possible?

• Options
    LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Adam from Jamology, Inc. He's great, under #1k for a 4 hour reception and just really friendly and awesome. I met him at a bridal expo, and his website isn't all that great, but he's been wonderful through the whole experience and he gave me references so that I could talk to a bride that's used him before (i couldn't find a lot of reviews online). he emails me back asap whenever i email him and makes himself really available.

if you wanna check him out you can google jamology, inc. his email is amfeit@comcast.net

There's also a company called Shew-sical that I almost went with. They're also within your budget and they had great online reviews... if I hadn't actually met Adam at the expo I would've gone with them.
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah, it is completely possible to have a DJ for under $1K.  We're paying exactly $1K for our DJ (the owner of the company) which is a $350 premium over the price for any of the other DJs.  Check out www.candjentertainment.com/ 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's possible.
    Go to ADJA.com, then DC chapter.  There's a list a DJ's and on some of their specialities....check it out.  That's were I found my DJ.

Good Luck
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Grenier & Sons were fantastic and less than $1k.  We had them for about 5 and a half hours (though I know it was more...they were set up by 4:15 and just started playing through 10).  They did both our ceremony and reception, and they were awesome!! They had a great selection of music for both our generation and our parent's generation.  Everyone complimented them!!!  We were wary because they so we so inexpensive, but they turned out to completely exceptional!  Their website.
    http://www.grenierdj.com/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks so much everyone! 
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also hear good things about DJ Orlando - I've contacted him before and he was around $1000 I believe. http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/dj-orlando-entertainment-parkville/4fc68941da46fb37.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards