Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Processional Music?

I'm having a tough time with this one!
I'm going to have a long aisle to walk down(about 450 guests), so I need a song that will be long enough, without being too long with an awkward fade out...if that makes sense:)
I LOVE the song "Samskeyti" by Sigur Ros, and that is so far my favorite, but I don't know if that will be long enough for my 5-pair wedding attendants to walk down AND me as well (at the 4:50 crescendo of the song).
SO, any ideas?
It's an outdoor wedding, so non-traditional would be preferred.
We're potentially exiting to "Strawberry Swing" by Coldplay, making our entrance to the reception to "You are the best thing" by Ray Lamontagne, and our first dance will be "These arms of mine" by Otis Redding...hopefully that gives an idea of our taste/style.
Any input is appreciated!!

p.s.
what music should be playing during the seating of the mothers? same as the bridal party processional? something completely different?

Re: Processional Music?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love your idea of Strawberry Swing for the Recessional! 

I'm using "Love Story meets Viva La Vida" by Jon Schmidt for our processional.  It's a pretty long song, so I'd suggest checking that out on YouTube if you haven't yet!  I just listened to the Sigur Ros song that you mentioned though, and I think it's beautiful. 

I'm not sure on the last part that you mentioned, but I think that I might just have the grandparents and mothers seated with the prelude music I'm playing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I struggled with this one two and then I found a song called "Hope Valley Hill" by Helios. It's 5:20 long and I will have the bridal party walk down before the last minute of the song which is the crescendo when I will walk. It gives me chills every time I hear it. I'll have other songs by Helios playing as the guests are being seated. It's just beautiful music. We are exiting to "Lovers in Japan/Reign of Love" by Coldplay.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards