Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Post Wedding Pictures

I know this sounds weird but... 

Apparently I was so busy and distracted at the wedding I didn't make sure the photographer took enough pictures of my husband and I. One problem is that I had two dresses; one was just a simple little white cotton dress I had on at the reception, the other of course my formal fancy one. The other problem is that I hated the makeup I had on and I was making some weird faces in the pictures. 

I am thinking about getting my husband and I all dressed up again and taking the pictures on/near our anniversary. Has anyone ever put on their dress again and done this? I love my wedding pictures but I just don't feel completely happy with the ones of us together. 

Re: Post Wedding Pictures

• edited December 2011

A girl on my local board did this. I think it's a good idea if you aren't happy with your pictures.

•  SHARP FOCUS SHARP FOCUS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes it's called trash the dress.
    I am a wedding photographer based in Mississippi. I will be coming to Dallas in Jun to shoot a family reunion for 3 days around the 27th. If you want to get dressed up again for some creative shots like downtown or some other really ceative place. I would  be happy to help you out. We could workout a reasoalbe rate for a few hours. I could probable have the photos up on a disc before I leave Dallas... copyright free then you could make your own copies.
    http://rubyrudiphotograpphy.com
    rubyrudiphotography@gmail.com
    I was married for 12 years to a very busy photographer, we shot a lot of weddings and events. However we are now divorced. And zI started my own business in Oct 2009. I am building my portfolio with all of my own work. So I don't have a lot of photos right now.
    Rudi
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards