Registry and Gift Forum
Options

What to register for?

We've been living together for two years and when we moved in together we bought all nice stuff. We've got a great, high quality cookware & bakeware set, beautiful handmade dishes, all nice furniture, appliances, etc.

We have no need for household items... we have no hand-me-downs and we love everything we have so we have no need or want for replacements.

People are still asking for our registry information. I've set up a honeymoon registry, but I know that not everyone will be comfortable with that so I set up an amazon registry too, but I find that everything on there is stupid and frivolous. i.e. the Margaritaville Frozen Concoction maker (we have two blenders, why do we need this?), a larger food processor (we've got a small one and I've never needed a larger one but it felt like a good thing to register for), and board games.

Re: What to register for?

• Options
    Do you need a grill or any power tools? You can set-up a registry at a store like Sears for items like that. You really don't need to stick with traditional registry items.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_register-36?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:07a79158-9f3c-43c9-bb54-b85ff705be8fPost:1f8a4d6a-1bc2-434d-814d-dde763bbab85">Re: What to register for?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you need a grill or any power tools? You can set-up a registry at a store like Sears for items like that. You really don't need to stick with traditional registry items.
    Posted by caseyandlizzie[/QUOTE]

<div>We don't have any place to keep a grill right now since we're living in an apartment. And I can't even tell you how many tools we have! My parents, his dad, and his stepdad all got us tools for Christmas two years ago XD!</div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks for the suggestions though!</div>
  • Options
    I'm in just about the same boat as you, except I have some stuff that can be replaced because I've had it for long enough that plates have been broken, forks have been eatn by the dishwasher, the movers have broken things, etc. 

It sounds like your apartment might not have the space to for a lot of "stuff" -- but what about ski equipment, bikes, roller blades, or electronics like a new bluray player, ipad, cell phones, etc. 

DSC_9275
  • Options
    Since you mentioned you registered for a food processor, this one is great (link).  It is dishwasher safe and has a 4-cup and a 12-cup bowl, so you don't have to get the big one dirty for a small job, but you have the option of a bigger one.  That way you could donate your small one or give it to a friend instead of having two around. 

You could add things like picture frames, vases, etc. that are pretty to have around and you can always use more.  People will probably get you those things regardless of whether or not you register for them (I just had my shower, and that was definitely the case for us). 

I wouldn't register for things you don't want (sounds like you don't really want the margarita thing).  Keep your registry small, and people will get the hint you want cash (I'm not a fan of the HM registry). 
  • Options
    Do you like to camp? Do you have hobbies that you'd like to have gifts for? Do you sew? Do you need linens/drapes/artwork?

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Options
    We're in a similar situation. Our registries include fun items like Wii games and favorite TV series sets. I agree that if you keep your registry small your guests will opt for cash gifts.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions :) very helpful!
  • Options
    you can register for wine through different vineyards/online programs. my parents' friends did this... i thought it was a great idea for a more "established" couple that didnt need all of the "starting our life together" types of gifts.
  • Options
    I had an almost similar problem..then I started registering for things like vases, a pie server (didn't have one, realized I'd like one), a wedding scrapbook and some general photo albums, an attachments set for the Kitchenaid mixer we already have. Sleeping bags for camping, my fiance registered us for things for our yard (since we haven't had a real yard until this year). I registered for some cookbooks we liked..some things for entertaining guests (serving trays, serving bowls, platters etc, a wine aerator). Do you have a paper shredder? My FI thought of that one. I also registered for some more blankets/throws for the living room for watching TV. Oven temp thermometer (another thing I thought would be nice to have). Even if you have a small apartment now, you can always register for things you know you will want someday when you move, like patio furniture, or a BBQ. I even registered for some planters that hang on the railing of the deck.
    Just ideas.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker < br > Planning Bio
  • Options
    I love the paper shredder idea! Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards