Hawaii

Where do I start - Kauai Wedding

Bear34Bear34 member
First Comment
My dream has always been to have my wedding in Hawaii!!  Monday, July 18th the man of my dreams 'asked the question'.  Now where do I start??  I'm thinking the island of Kauai....anyone out there currently planning or planned a wedding on the island of Kauai??

Re: Where do I start - Kauai Wedding

• edited December 2011
    First off - Congrats on your engagement! Yay. This board is full of really helpful, smart ladies. Have you been to Kauai before? We went last year in June and loved it! There's so many things to consider: is it just you and FI, or just close family or is everyone invited? Just an FYI if you want a beach ceremony you can't have an arch, chairs, etc on the sand in HI. 
  • Bear34Bear34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were in Kauai 2-years ago, only for 4-nights and a wedding was the last thing on my mind (I had just completed the Honolulu Marathon).  I would like to have close family, my mom, his parents and bother/sister.  So, 10 or less people (they can stand).  Ideas on venue??
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a Kauai bride too! We're having ours at the Grand Hyatt. I didn't really look at anything other than a resort so I don't have a lot of vendor info unless that's what you're looking for, but there were a few nice restaurants that are right on the ocean that have a lawn or beach site for ceremonies and then you could have your dinner in a private room. 

Let me know if you want any more info and congrats on the engagement!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome to the board! Love Kauai...it's gorgeous. J. :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!

When we we considering Kauai, we thought about having the reception at the Plantation Garden Restaurant. (I was in food first, location second mode)
  • FSForeverFSForever member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and Welcome! We are getting Married on Maui so can't help with Kauai. 
  • Lisa&Don909Lisa&Don909 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!! I got married on Kauai almost 2 years ago and it was amazing. We got married on the North Shore @ The Hanalei Bay Resort and had a wedding dinner @ The Westin Resort.  I had about 10 guests.

My second choice for both ceremony and reception was The Beach House in Poipu which is located on the south shore. They had amazing views. The only reason we didn't go with them was location. We love the North Shore the best.

I would highly recommend Kristy Love from The LAB Salon. She did my hair and makeup and it turned out awesome.

Hope I could help, Good Luck planning :-)
    Lisa & Donald~09.21.09~ Princeville, Kauai
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards