Missouri-St Louis
Options

Question for everybody??????

So when you do or did your engagement pictures, did you wear something that reflected the season you're getting married in? Our wedding is in September, and I'm having a bit of a hard time finding stuff in stores that is in the fall colors. So far, I'm wearing a brown and green dress with brown flats (very fallish), a black and white dress with a red cardigan, jeans and a pink shirt with brown cardigan and plaid heels, and my Blues jersey. I'm just wondering if my outfits have to be fall type clothes, or if it's okay to mix and match. What do you all think???Undecided
Mommy-to-Be

Re: Question for everybody??????

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it is okay to mix and match.  The engagement pictures are not supposed to match or be the same as your wedding.  We are doing spring engagement pictures and our wedding will be in July.  We aren't really doing anything in our engagement pictures that coordinates to our wedding theme or season.  So, if you like it and you think it describes the two of you as a couple, I think it will make great engagment photos, regardless of the season.

Also, talk to your photographer.  They should be able to provide you with some useful feedback and even examples from other couples.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think its definitely ok to mix and match. We did all of our E-photos outdoors in the middle of August (WAY too hot) But we had too outfits. The first was a little more "cute" since it was at the Botanical Gardens. The other pictures where taken at the Arch and riverfront, so we wore our Cardinals jerseys. We are more casual people. I think what you wear should reflect the type of people you are.
    "I heard Jesus he drank wine, I'd bet we'd get along just fine. He can calm the storm and heal the blind and I bet he'd understand a heart like mine" ~Miranda Lambert
    We ride, never worry 'bout the fall.....I guess thats just the cowbow in us all ~Tim McGraw
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it is fine to mix- it sounds like all of the clothes you're picking out are pretty standard attire: a couple outfits that are dressier, a couple more casual.
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • Options
    mmdpmmmdpm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am just planning on wearing colors that flatter me and maybe a couple outfit changes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not a St. Louis bride per se, but I just bought a house with my FI in the St. Louis area.

This is going to sound all weird but you don't absolutely have to have engagement pics done by a professional.  We did ours at MOBOT, with my FMIL and FFIL taking pictures.  They were free, and came out just fine(I touched them up in photoshop later because its my thing).  Best thing about it was we didn't have to pay the photographer fee that MOBOT charges for professional wedding photographers to come in; we blended in with the rest of the crowd taking pictures(had to endure a couple of looky-loos I took the liberty to shoo away but other than that it was perfect).

Go for clothes you feel comfortable wearing, IMO, rather than clothes expressely bought for the occasion.  You want to feel comfortable, natural and authentic when you take your pictures.  If you feel uncomfortable, it will show in your pictures 9/10 times.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with everyone else. Wear what is comfortable... We actually are doing ours in the fall and having a summer wedding. The reason we are doing this is so we have fall pictures and summer pictures! You could think of it as that way! Since your wedding pictures will more than likely reveal the season... that way you also have a mix of different types of pictures to display!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards