Christian Weddings
Options

Wednesday Wedding QOTD

What was/is your first dance song? Father/bride song? mother/groom song?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wednesday Wedding QOTD

• Options
    FIrst dance "When you got a good thing" by Lady Antebellum

Father/Bride: "In my Daughters Eyed" then as a surprise to everyone we are seguing to "The Twist" by Chubby Checker. Only my dad and I know this.

Mother/Groom" FI hasn't decided yet
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
  • Options
    What was/is your first dance song?  "What I Really Want to Say" by Steven Curtis Chapman

Father/bride song?  My Little Girl by Steve Kirwan - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIBPC4YUUqY. I'd never heard it before but my dad heard it someplace and that's what he picked.  I like it.

mother/groom song? None.  H and his mom don't dance.
  • Options
    What was/is your first dance song? "Love Never Fails" by Brandon Heath

Father/bride song? "I Loved Her First" by Heartland

mother/groom song? "I'll always be your mother" Lynn Leonti
  • Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Come What May from Moulin Rouge for our first dance. 

We were going to do a father-daughter Greek dance (given my heritage) and a mother-son Brazilian dance (for my husband's heritage).  But we didn't do them because my dad has very bad back problems and we learned that his legs give out while dancing. 
  • Options

He and I - That's How Strong my Love is by Ottis Reddinger

Dad and I - either Just the Way You Are by Billy Joel or Sometimes You Cant Make it on your Own by U2... [ he loves u2 ]

Mother/Son... FI dosnt want to but I'm sure his mother will feel differently so I think I might do Beautiful Boy by John Lennon and have myself dance also with my son ... FI is leary on dancing/all eyes on him ... People wont notice him as much with an 8 year old on the floor .. lol ...

Love is All You Need
  • Options
    First Dance: "You Picked Me" by A Fine Frenzy

Combined bride/father and son/mother dance: "Desperado" by The Eagles 
    (We didn't like any of the "typcial" dances for the dances, so we decided to use something where the lyrics sounded a little more like "parental wisdom" being passed down.)
  • Options
    Ryan and I haven't decided these things yet. We have talked about having "" as our first son gbecause it is a fun, peppy song that makes me want to dance and since it's really a love song to God I feel like it celebrates teh triagle type of relatinship we have as a couple with God.

Ryan likes the song but also likes the idea of somehting more like Who Let the Dogs Out? or something crazy like that.

We'll see...

We've not talked to our parents about dances. Kind of need to figure out if we're having an American wedding before i have that conversation with Dad.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Options
    grr haha. I was going to look up the exact title... and then forgot and just published it...

I meant "Hold Me" by Jamie Grace.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Options
    Our first dance: Hold You Up by Matthew West

Father/Daughter: I Loved Her First by Heartland

Mother/Son: Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd 
  • Options
    Our First Dance: Ribbon in the Sky by Stevie Wonder

Father/Daughter: My Girl by the Temptations

No Mother/Son Dance

Our Last Song: I'll Be by Edwin McCain

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    First dance was "I Will Be Here" by Steven Curtis Chapman.
    We combined mother/son & father/daughter to "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards