Connecticut
Options

price for your photographer

Everyone is complaining that the photographer i picked is to expensive 3500 it includes engagment session rights to the photos ect. two photographers. I dont think that its outrageously priced, but what do i know right. So im asking what are you paying for yor photographer?

Re: price for your photographer

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thats just about what were paying (3775). I think its totally worth it for good quality! 
  • Options
    Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're paying just about the same (that includes 2 photographers, an engagement session, a wedding album, a canvas, 9 hours on the wedding day and rights to photos).
     I don't think it's too much for a great photographer.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    cgbabe229cgbabe229 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours is just about $3700.  However, we only have 1 photographer, but a photobooth.  I would say you're in a good price range. Yes, you could get cheaper ones, but when I was picking our photographer, I wanted to make sure that I didn't skimp just because of price. These are the only professional pictures that you'll have from your wedding day and you don't want to look back and regret it because you wanted to save a little bit more.  In the end, do what you feel is right!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    DiLynn83DiLynn83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_price-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:3e403622-9eb0-415e-98c4-d28b0885e000Post:e06edcb0-924e-4c83-ae39-c7a5b827b26c">price for your photographer</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Everyone is complaining</strong> that the photographer i picked is to expensive 3500 it includes engagment session rights to the photos ect. two photographers. I dont think that its outrageously priced, but what do i know right. So im asking what are you paying for yor photographer?
    Posted by mck776[/QUOTE]

How is it "everyone's" business?  What you're paying is your business alone (well, yours and your FI's)!
    FWIW, I'm also paying pretty much the same as you an receiving the same.
  • Options
    Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds about right to me :)
  • Options
    bmetz34bmetz34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm paying about $2100 but we're only getting 6 hours the wedding day, and no prints or albums, just rights to print. 
    8/12 March Siggy- reception venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We paid about 1800 for 6 hours. Very reasonable! They did an awesome job too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We paid $5K.  She was a splurge, but totally worth it to us! 

(By comparison, we spent $125 on music, $325 on flowers, etc. to be able to afford her).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are paying $4700 for 2 photographers all day, rights to photos, etc & an engagement session. It is a splurge but some of the less expensive good photographers I had my eye on were booked already :(
  • Options
    cdbishopcdbishop member
    edited December 2011
    I am paying $3000 for 2 photographers, engagement session, 9 hours, rights to photos and some other items.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    $1900 for e-session, rights to photos, 2 photogs, 9 hours of coverage.
  • Options
    PaoPao820PaoPao820 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just booked my photographer and am super excited.  $3800 for engagement photos, 2 photographers all day (from start to finish if I want), wedding album, rights to photos, online gallery.  I think photographers range but usually you find them between 3k-4k.  If you like your photographer and you feel you have a connection, I think that's most important.  I felt a real connection with my photographer and my FI even said as we were leaving "you liked her didn't you, you totally ocnnected"  so I think it's important because it'll give you the pictures you want on the day.  And photographers should be open to you sending them pics that you like so that they can get a feel for your style. 
    -Paola- Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm paying the same amount for the same exact thing: 2 photographers, engagement session, all the rights, and unlimited hours.
    mikeandtine.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    gem6240gem6240 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thats about what we r paying.... I love our photographer so its worth every penny
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're paying $2000 for engagement session, all day coverage, album and rights to all photos.

imageMoo Moo Kitten is resting... Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that sounds reasonable.  Honestly, there are a range of prices out there, and often you get what you pay for.  It's possible you could have found a less expensive photographer offering those same things, but most likely they would be less experienced.  It also depends on the style of photography you are looking for - if you want something more photojournalistic, or if your style is more artistic, it will probably cost more.  You are also more likely to get high-quality editing with a more expensive photographer.

I think you should stop worrying about it, since you've made your choice, and not share how much you spent with others since it's not really their business what you can afford.  Be happy with your decision and enjoy your day!
    imageimage
  • Options
    LandB2012LandB2012 member
    edited December 2011

I'm looking at prices for photographers and they are all right around what you're paying.  Numerous people have suggested that I cut out the album and just do it own my own after the wedding, so we're going to to do that (that typically adds $1000 I found).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I paid $3600 for 2 photographers, unlimited hours, rights to my pictures, engagement session, and a photo booth at the wedding.  It sounds like you're in the normal ball park.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're paying $2600 for 2 photographers, 8 hours, engagement session, all pictures on a disc with rights to print, and they're throwing in a TTD session!  I think they're charging $3400 now, but we also got some military discounts/bonuses thrown in there.

Anniversary

• Options
    rswan412rswan412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're only paying 1000$ for engagement photos, an entire day of shooting and the option of a photobook- but our photographer is in her first season of Wedding Photography, so we got a great deal, as she is trying to build her portfolio. For more established photographers, the amount you're spending sounds just about right!
  • Options
    LaurenDarlingLaurenDarling member
    edited December 2011
    We paid $2700, and that was the high end of our budget. We get a full day with 2 photogs, rights to the pictures, e-pics, album, and 2 parent albums
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    2465 for 8 hours,one photographer, full rights to all photos, engagement shoot with 2 digital file rights, a slideshow with wedding images set to music (about 45 mins in length) and full editing.  Our photog has a really artistic style also and I am so excited to see what kind of pictures he takes.  Our e-pics are in October!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker kayleigh-3-1 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    jacki8788jacki8788 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our photographer was willing to work with our budget, and came in WAY under the $3000+ range. Honestly, if you look around and get a feel for what other photographers are charging based on quality, and decide what you're comfortable paying--be upfront about it when you contact a photographer. You'd be surprised how many are willing to work with you, when you simply tell them what you'd like to get and what you're willing to pay. You don't have to pay $3000 for a great photographer, or settle for one you don't like just to save money. Good luck! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours ranges from 750-10500k We have a weekday wedding so we got a discount. Most of the good photographers are 3000-6000
  • Options
    edited December 2011

$3500 sounds perfectly okay to me.  We are paying $3000 for 3 photographers for all all day, album and engagement shoot ( which btw was awesome!).  This is definately one of those times where the expense is justified.  If you get along great with them and you are comfortable with them then screw it.  cut out a person or two or cut down on flowers but the pictures will always be there and are how you are going to view your special day year from now.  Good luck and happy planning!

"All I want is for you to be happy And, take this woman and make you my family And, finally you have found someone perfect And, finally you have found Yourself." -RHCP image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards