Ohio-Northeast

Wedding Planner

Hey Girls!

I am slightly worried about our wedding planner. I am not really super into this whole wedding planning thing and my FH and I have NO idea what we are doing.... so we hired a wedding planner.  At fist I thought she was great but now im not so sure. She will respond if we contact her but she is not at all proactive. I guess I kinda expected her to be more proactive and not so reactive.  We have no idea what direction we should be going in and I have tried to politely mention that we hired her to help guide us but she is not taking the hint. She is not really helping with budgeting and she has not helped me try to develop a vision for what I want at all (which is a huge reason why we hired her as I have no clue what I want). Any advice girls would be so greatly appreciated. And if anyone knows what a wedding planner is supposed to do that would be very helpful info to know!

Thanks!

Re: Wedding Planner

• PW2010aPW2010a member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would just ask her what her usual time table is for working with clients. She maybe very busy now but, actually have you penciled in for meetings in 3-4 weeks.  If your wedding is more than a year from now, I would not be too worried until you reach the year mark.

• soontobemrs2soontobemrs2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would call a meeting and express your concerns, list your expectation and ask her if she can deliver. If she doesn't get it or can't do it, you still have time to switch planners
    JMHO
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards