Florida-Central Florida
Options

Affordable Florist/DJ in Orlando....HELP!

Hey ladies!!

I have been able to get some info from a few other posts, but wanted to know if anyone else on a tight budget, planning a small wedding, were able to find someone who didn't cost an arm and a leg, loves what they do, and you enjoy working with so far. Any information is greatly appreciated!! We are trying to plan for a garden ceremony, so not much required for flowers. I really appreciate these boards and everyones input. Without them I would be even more clueless about what to do.

Thanks ladies and I hope planning is going well with everyone!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Affordable Florist/DJ in Orlando....HELP!

• Options
    Mrs.B6302007Mrs.B6302007 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We used Betty J's in Ocoee and were very pleased.  We've used them for many events and they always do a good job.

ETA: Betty J's is the florist  =-)    Our DJ was Dan from White Rose.  WR is fantastic - very professional, not cheesy. I'm almost certain we paid $850 - not sure what your budget is.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    sarah42ndsarah42nd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If your doing it on a pinch  . Try Publix supermarkets or somewhere like that for your floral. I went in today ( yeah I know 2 weeks before my wedding .lol) and got  my bouquet , 2 BMs Bouquets , 4   boutonnieres and  2 corsages for $105 ( after tax) . 

For DJ I suggest checking out craigslist . DJ are always running 'specials and sale ads' on craigslist .  You can get some for $350 for 4 hours .
    Anniversary
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh also I notice you have about a year left . I wouldn't choose them now because its about to be wedding 'season' and prices are super high . ( yeah even for  a wedding down the road) . Your more likely to get good deals on the off season . Even if your weddings during peak season next year .
    Anniversary
  • Options
    msphil32msphil32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    msphil32msphil32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_affordable-floristdj-orlandohelp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:459f4d25-9b9d-44a8-8c38-0872b99da235Post:e426bdba-a475-4d99-8227-84a15e5393d5">Re: Affordable Florist/DJ in Orlando....HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE] <strong>Try Publix supermarkets</strong> or somewhere like that for your floral. I went in today ( yeah I know 2 weeks before my wedding .lol) and got  my bouquet , 2 BMs Bouquets , 4   boutonnieres and  2 corsages for $105 ( after tax) .  For DJ I suggest checking out craigslist . DJ are always running 'specials and sale ads' on craigslist .[/QUOTE]

Great info....I didn't think of Publix at all..hmmm
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah when I was in there they had a whole bunch of package deals too . You never know .  :) Good Luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was a budget bride also and did an outside garden ceremony. I went with 'A Little Shop of Flowers' in Longwood. I questioned her about using cheaper flowers instead of roses, so she could tell I was on a tight budget and she lowered the price. I thought they turned out great.

For a DJ, I went with one that we saw at my friend's wedding in Orlando. It was DJ London Underground http://dj-london-underground.com/main/ I thought he did a good job, but not totally fantastic. I knew that going into it though, if we wanted the super organized MC/DJ it would cost a lot more. So, we went with the budget side instead. I thought he was fun and played all of our requests (and didn't play our no-play listed songs).

If you are looking for other budget friendly vendors, check out my reviews in the link.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Vicki from Peddles! She isn't as low as Publix but she works out of her house and I was pleasantly surprised with her quote. She was more then willing to use cheaper flowers and understood i didn't have thousands for flowers and didn't make me feel bad for it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    msphil32msphil32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks again ladies, I will definitely look into these suggestions!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A suggestion I'll make is attend a couple bridal shows before you book.  I ended up getting $100 off my dj, 10 % off my cake and I won a photo booth.  A friend of mine won a huge discount on photography.  My second suggestion is check out Brevard county stuff, a lot of our vendors travel and since they aren't "orlando" vendors their prices tend to be lower.  My DJ is Celebrations DJ, and there's also DJ Tunes who comes highly recommended by my other vendors who is less than 700.  www.centralfloridawedding.com is the Brevard Bridal Assoc website. 
  • Options
    msphil32msphil32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you @ GeekGenesis!!! I'll check it out
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards