May 2013 Weddings
Options

Kids Table??

Our wedding will be very kid friendly I originally thought about having a designated tables for the kids that will have activity books and all kinds of things for the kiddos to do so they don't get bored. Since I am not a parent I figured I could get some advice on whether I should sit children with there parents or should I keep my original idea and have a awesome and fun kids table for them to sit at?
May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:The Cake!!!
cake4
Follow Me on Pinterest
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Kids Table??

• Options
    I am seating kids with their parents for dinner, but will have a coloring book and small treat bag given to them when they arrive. Then during cocktail hour or after dinner I am gonna have a table set up for kids and parents to go over and do puzzles or more coloring books with some games.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_kids-table?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:a5943def-3874-44e8-b195-072379cdc35dPost:76dd8caf-6289-467a-a7c8-dc6d83738ea1">Re: Kids Table??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am seating kids with their parents for dinner, but will have a coloring book and small treat bag given to them when they arrive. Then during cocktail hour or after dinner I am gonna have a table set up for kids and parents to go over and do puzzles or more coloring books with some games.
    Posted by pittpoint1119[/QUOTE]

We're doing something similar. Between my brother's kids and my ringbearer there are 4 under the age of 6. One of their college friends (who is a godmother for them too) is on the invite list and will help with babysitting at the reception. I have activity bags started with crayons, coloring books, age appropriate flaschards from the dollar store. I might make more depending on the RSVP's.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If they are old enough to sit and eat then I'd give them their own table. If not, seat them with their parents for dinner. I plan on having an extra table set off in the quiestest corner possible for the kids. I'm considering getting a pop up kids tent with blankets, pillows, flash lights and books in case they need some wind down time.
    May 2013 October Siggy - The Honeymoon Walt Disney & Daytona Beach imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm going to seat them with there families were only having 5 possibly 3 depends over age of 10.
  • Options
    We're sitting them with their parents.  I remember as I kid I felt so weird being sat at the kids table because I didn't know anyone.  We would never sit grown ups at a table where they don't know people, but we do this to kids.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards