Wedding Woes
Options

why is all the milk gone?

damnit.
I wanted carnation instant breakfast and I"m setting for eggs and toast.

Re: why is all the milk gone?

• Options
    H love love loves milk.  And cereal.  So if I need x amount of milk for a recipe or whatever, I draw a line on the milk jug with a Sharpie.  I tell H he can have as much milk as he likes til he hits that line.  If he chooses to drink it all anyways, he knows he'll have hell to pay when I go to cook/bake and it's gone.
    imageimage
  • Options
    We go through TONS of milk, and this morning I found that both gallons were open.

Me:  "Why do we have two open gallons of milk in the fridge?"

DH:  "I thought one was spoiled."

Me:  "Was it?"

DH:  "No."

I was all WTF at that point, but it didn't seem worth pursuing.  I was trying to get out the door, and I'm sure that trying to figure this out would have left me even more confused (and possibly frustrated).
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    well, PG = drinking tons of it (it sounds good) and seems to have cured my lactose intolerance...
    so we've gone form 1/2 gallons goibng bad to not being able to keep it in the house.

We're not ajdusting fast :-P
  • Options
    We've been out of milk for a week. I am pissed I can't eat my generic Smacks cereal for breakfast and DH gets cranky drinking his coffee black. Thank jeebus he said he'd go grocery shopping today.
  • Options
    Pmeg, offer a squirt in his coffee.

• Options
    We drink 12 gallons a month - sometimes more (though we don't usually buy more, so we just mope around milkless at the the end of the month.). The Costco people think we're crazy, but my doc suggested a calcium supplement anyway. I'mma have super bones like Wolverine any second now. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_milk-gone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:9c0a9c5d-b4df-4e39-8665-da5f47f566faPost:3f7475cc-d968-4628-bb87-ae5fa0c66f0c">Re: why is all the milk gone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We drink 12 gallons a month - sometimes more (though we don't usually buy more, so we just mope around milkless at the the end of the month.). The Costco people think we're crazy, but my doc suggested a calcium supplement anyway. I'mma have super bones like Wolverine any second now. 
    Posted by baconsmom[/QUOTE]

I think this is our future.  Now that I'm finally back on dairy, DH and I can go through 2 gallons a week by ourselves--throw DD into the mix, and a few years from now 12 sounds pretty realistic.
  • Options
    Bacon drinks milk almost exclusively. Sometimes juice/lemonade/iced tea, but not every day. And H has like three bowls of cereal a day. Add in my 2-3 glasses and cereal and baking and cooking, and yeah, it's really easy to plow through it.

It freezes well, though, as long as you leave room for expansion. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards