Michigan-Detroit
Options

Advice for Engagement Party

Hey Ladies,

We have friends that are getting married next year and are having what they are calling an engagement party.  Weird thing, they invited the bridal party only.  Not their spouses, or significant others.  I find it weird and a bit rude to not be included.  My husband is in the party. 

What would be an appropriate gift to send with him?  Besides an etiquette book. Wink
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic 195image 155image 40image

Re: Advice for Engagement Party

• Options
    A bottle of wine seems appropriate to me...don't break the bank!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    You shouldn't buy them a darn thing. If you weren't invited don't send anything. Be sure to instruct your man to mention the following: "Oh geez was I supposed to bring a gift?! Normally fill your name in here takes care of that stuff!!"
  • Options
    You shouldn't buy them a darn thing. If you weren't invited don't send anything. Be sure to instruct your man to mention the following: "Oh geez was I supposed to bring a gift?! Normally fill your name in here takes care of that stuff!!"
  • Options

That is totally weird. I absolutely wouldnt buy them anything, especially since they didnt invite you which is just rude! Usually, you are not supposed to bring gifts to an engagement party, any engagement party I have ever been to always says no gifts on the invitation. If you were invited, I would have brought a bottle of wine or something as a nice gesture.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    First off, they shouldn't be throwing themselves a party that is just gift grabby.

Second, I would not send a gift either. If my FI was invited to a 'party' and I was not, I would hope he wouldn't go.
  • Options
    I can understand why they might limit the party to bridal party only, but to not invite significant others of bridal party members was tacky/rude.

I wouldn't send a gift. E-parties aren't really gift-giving events anyway.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!

Apparently they want it to be a meet & greet for the bridal party.  I'll probably just send him with a card and a bottle of wine or something like that.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic 195image 155image 40image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards