New Jersey
Options

Lighting

Hey Everyone!

So I was interested in getting a lit monogram on the dance floor for my wedding. My DJ offers it for like 300 and a couple hundred more for other lighting effects...it doesn't sound too bad to me, but I have no idea what it should cost...
has anyone had it done or can anyone recommend a company that does this or should it only be from the DJ?

image 280 image 241 image 31 image 10 Making Us Wait
RSVP Deadline: 10/2

Re: Lighting

• Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you already book your DJ?  I got mine to thrown it in.  And I cant believe he would charge for the monogram and for the light. It should be one cost. IMO anyway.
  • Options
    gia0404gia0404 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Diamond Productions in Clark, NJ. The monogram is $150. and the uplighting is included in our package.
    *****Soon To Be Mrs. B***** Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its a little high but not at all unreasonable. Most companies have to charge to make the gobo. They have to laser cut the piece of metal that goes into the light to form the monogram so its something that does cost them some money. Some DJ's will build it into the cost of the uplighting or into their general package. I think mine was $200 for the gobo. Also the lightbulbs for those lights don't last all that long and replacement bulbs are about $50 per bulb.

I have a bunch of experience in theatrical lighting and the lights they use are the same.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Since I have been married, and looking back..... I try to benchmark money wasted on things we really dind't need on how many "beach front massages" we could of gotten on our honeymoon....lol.  300 bucks......hmmmm.
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards