New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Boscobel - 5 hour ceremony + reception timeline?

Hello there!

My fiance and I are getting married at Boscobel House & Gardens in Garrison, NY in May 2012.  We absolutely fell in love with the place when we went to see it and can't wait to go back in a month to see how beautiful it is in May!

Boscobel rents you their grounds for a five-hour block, with a hard stop at 10pm, so our wedding is going to be from 5pm-10pm, including both the ceremony and reception.  Even though the 10pm stop seemed a little early for us, we figured we could always head over to the nearby town of Cold Spring with our wedding party and a few other friends and do a little afterparty at a local bar or something.

My question is this:  What's a good timeline for 5 hours with a ceremony and reception?  I'd be especially interested in hearing from any former or current Boscobel brides on how they managed this, particularly if you did a more casual, local afterparty at the end.  Our wedding ceremony is probably going to be about 20 minutes, and I'd like to have a little bit of time for cocktails before dinner, but I also want to give people plenty of time to have dinner and dance.  Thoughts/advice?

Thanks much!

Re: Boscobel - 5 hour ceremony + reception timeline?

• Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think when your ceremony and reception are at the same location, you really shouldn't have any time between the ceremony and cocktail hour - one should flow right into the other. That said,  I would plan for a 5pm ceremony and 5:30-6 or 5:30-6:30 cocktail hour, then the rest of the reception so people have plenty of time for dancing.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!  If anybody has suggestions for a place to hold an after party in the Cold Spring area, I would really appreciate it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards