New Jersey

Shower at Cafe Paris, Metuchen or Supper Club, Millburn

Hi everyone, I haven't been on this site since getting married 5 years ago, but I could really use some opinions.

I'm 22 weeks pregnant (I know I belong on the other site) and trying to book the restaurant for my shower.  I can't decide between two places and would LOVE to know if anyone on here has ever been to a bridal or baby shower at either of these places.

Cafe Paris in Metuchen (there's also one in Cranford) or

Moonshine Supper Club in Millburn

I love the idea of a Parisian shower luncheon at Cafe Paris but Moonshine Supper Club is a more impressive space, is bigger, and serves a pretty good brunch.  

Has anyone been to an event at either of these places?  I really appreciate your opinions.   

Thanks,

Nicole 

Re: Shower at Cafe Paris, Metuchen or Supper Club, Millburn

• I've been to paris.  Crepes are REALLY good as is theire sandwiches.  Space is small though so it would be ideal for a small intimate shower.  

I've been to Moonshine as well.  Food is OK though I would say they are a higher price point then Paris although I don't know what their large group price is.  The upstairs (where I figure you'd be) is  much bigger then Paris.  

You might consider Rob's Bistro in Madison if you want a French Vibe or Ma Maison Brasserie in Millburn, NJ (never have been but meant to try it)

Of course there's always Lorena's in Maplewood which is devine.
  • Thanks for replying and for your opinions. I've eaten at Cafe Paris many times, which is why I agree the luncheon and crepes would be delicious. Cafe Paris would end up costing a little less than Moonshine but not much. The shower at Moonshine would be brunch so I can only speak to the eggs Benedict and French toast I tasted. Both were good but very different than a French luncheon. The reason I posted on here is I've heard Moonshine does a lot of showers so I was figuring someone on here would've had experience in attending a shower there and could tell me what they thought. Thanks for the other places too. I'm looking them up to look into those too. Nicole
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_shower-at-cafe-paris-metuchen-or-supper-club-millburn?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:b875e784-0253-4500-8d1c-708ea967c92bPost:ae7af132-2b1e-41f8-a5f5-6854f6eeea36">Shower at Cafe Paris, Metuchen or Supper Club, Millburn</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone, I haven't been on this site since getting married 5 years ago, but I could really use some opinions.  <strong>I'm 22 weeks pregnant (I know I belong on the other site) and trying to book the restaurant for my shower.</strong>  I can't decide between two places and would LOVE to know if anyone on here has ever been to a bridal or baby shower at either of these places.  Cafe Paris in Metuchen (there's also one in Cranford) or Moonshine Supper Club in Millburn I love the idea of a Parisian shower luncheon at Cafe Paris but Moonshine Supper Club is a more impressive space, is bigger, and serves a pretty good brunch.   Has anyone been to an event at either of these places?  I really appreciate your opinions.    Thanks, Nicole 
    Posted by Nikki&Pete[/QUOTE]

Why are you booking your own shower?  Does the host of the shower have any opinions on the two places?
  • My mom is hosting. She also likes both places so we're just making the final decision.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards