Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Photography

Would anyone like to volunteer what they are paying and what it includes? I am meeting with my Photographer in a few weeks and would like something to compare with.
Photobucket

Re: Photography

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're paying $1800 which I thought was very reasonable. It includes all rights to our pictures which is very important so that you actually own the prints on a CD. It includes 8 hrs. of photographing and an engagement session. We opted to nix the eng. session and get prints and a parent album which were equal value. Hope this helps, when I was researching photographers they were starting at anywhere from 3-5,000 so we were really happy to have an established photographer that we knew who could do it for substantially less. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are paying $3600 for a photographer based in Boston....includes 8 hours with 2 shooters.... engagement session (800 photos) and album, wedding website, wedding and parent album and all photos on a CD (1200+). We went with this photographer not based on price, but loving her style. Her site is abrilliantphoto.com. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Our photographer was about $3600. Included I think about 8 hours of shooting (with a second shooter for the first few hours), online slide show and proofs, and a DVD with all of the edited/retouched photos with printing rights. She was pretty expensive, but the photography was one of the most important things to me. I'm making our own albums now, which is time consuming but kind of fun. She's probably higher priced than most-- but certainly not the highest. I contacted one photographer whose packages started at $6000.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    we paid $3k for unlimited hours (which was wonderful b/c the sun was high when we did our family pics, so we went back after the reception for nice lower-light pics on the beach - turned out to be about 11 hours - 8am to 7pm), full rights, pics on DVD, one photog and an assistant, great photojournalistic style, and full set of 4x6's. i thought this mid-range and was very happy with the quality of our pics (my sister paid the same with another photographer and was disapponinted with her pics). 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for everyone's help. I'm nervous she won't give me the rights to the digital copies.. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-cape-cod_photography-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:94Discussion:b71db182-31e2-458d-ad58-ad7c9a287d7ePost:df6baa1c-d6b5-41f7-b999-2eeef4f53583">Re: Photography</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you for everyone's help. I'm nervous she won't give me the rights to the digital copies.. 
    Posted by lisaremmes[/QUOTE]

You may just have to pay extra. Ours was an extra $600, which was completely worth it to us since we've made a couple of photo books and a bunch of prints for so much cheaper. I've heard some won't grant the rights for x years after, but I would never go with a photog that did it that way.
  • Options
    metrobabemetrobabe member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We used Berryphotos out of Bridgewater.  They travel for free and even came to us for the initial meeting.  They're 2500-3000 and you get unlimited time, all the rights to your pics on disc, online hosting for a year and they've got the best albums I've seen anywhere.  They're style is exactly what we were looking for and they were very responsive every step of the way.  We got Keith, but they have another photog.  He was very nice and easy going making everyone feel comfortable.  Their website is www.berryphotos.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, everyone is paying so much for photography! I loved my pictures and albums, I got a disc with the rights to reprint, two photographers, full day coverage, an engagement session, an album and two parent albums, and a slideshow for $2500. Overall, pictures are the most important thing and I was nervous about going with a company that isn't very well known- but I could not have been happier with my choice- Portrait New England.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Ashley Therese Photography! http://www.ashleytheresephotography.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Berryphotos.  If you haven't already checked them out you should.  He's awesome and definately gives the CD of ALL of your wedding pics with the copyright.  We used the disc to make our thank you cards and some other items.  Our friend who is a graphic Designer siad that they were the images right out of the camera, not reduced at all.  This is something to watch out for becuase when my sister was looking around she found that a lot of her friends who used other photographers only got images that were reduced in size, which meant they could not reprint them , even if they wanted to.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nomer, after reading your post I went and contacted Portrait New England. I can't thank you enough for posting that info, so far they have been amazing and I can't wait to see them in action. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards