Pre-wedding Parties

Coed Bridal Shower

Okay I am way more involoved in my shower than I had wanted to be. One of my BM has taken the initiative to throw the shower but has all the other BM listed as hostess as well. Here's the thing one of them want to play games while the other doesn't and says that it is just going to be a nice get together and that guys dont want to play games.

My thinking on it is the guys dont have to play and there are games that are coed right? I am at a loss what should I do and do you think that there should be some sort of game(s) there?

Re: Coed Bridal Shower

• SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since this is a shower being thrown for you, you should step back and let your BM's handle it. The last thing you need is extra stress while trying to plan your wedding, and you shouldn't be a part of the planning of your pre-wedding parties anyway. Let the hosts work it out themselves.

I'm not a fan of games in general at bridal showers, and most of the guys I know wouldn't be interested in going to a co-ed shower, nevermind playing games. Have you checked with your FI to see if he even wants to be a part of the shower? If so, do his friends and male family members? If they do, then great, but forcing them to play silly games may not be the best thing. Mingling with your loved ones, great food, and drink is all you need for a good party. Then it's time for the gift opening, I don't see a need for games that make a lot of people uncomfortable, but throw in your own 2 cents to the hosts and then let them handle it and just show up and enjoy your party ;0)
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_coed-bridal-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:95f2f8d8-132c-40be-97fc-73c0fd74d374Post:d3c971c6-847c-4ee8-ad2a-1bf18d535c94">Coed Bridal Shower</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay I am way more involoved in my shower than I had wanted to be. One of my BM has taken the initiative to throw the shower but has all the other BM listed as hostess as well. Here's the thing one of them want to play games while the other doesn't and says that it is just going to be a nice get together and that guys dont want to play games. My thinking on it is the guys dont have to play and there are games that are coed right? I am at a loss what should I do and do you think that there should be some sort of game(s) there?
    Posted by mrileyoct1[/QUOTE]

Summer is right, if you're getting involved you really need to step back.

However, I considered the idea of a co-ed shower for a friend of mine. Until I talked to a guy friend. You know what he told me? He wouldn't be interested in one at all. He just wanted to play games like ping pong and air hockey. No interest in bridal shower games (which he said sounded lame). Most of the guys I know wouldn't want to play games.

Most co-ed showers I'm familiar with have been pretty laid back, mainly just socializing with food and drinks.
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I'm anti-shower games.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I threw a co-ed shower 2 years ago (I was the MOH and was dating the best man - we were set up by the couple and are now engaged) - we went bowling (prizes for silly things) and then had a backyard BBQ.  It was a great, laid-back afternoon and evening with friends - much appreaciated by the couple and everyone there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • lilcasserslilcassers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate games. They are so cheesy and most people really don't like them. It's like trying to get people away from talking so they have to participate in something that really isn't fun. My pet peeve is bridal bingo. Omg how boring!!

The only thing my mom is doing for my shower is sticking a number under one plate at each table and whoever sits at that setting gets to take home the center piece.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards