Nevada-Las Vegas

Invitation/response question

To my wise vegas brides, how long before your wedding did you invitations and how long prior to the wedding did you put for a date on the response cards?  I know the "normal" answer but what did you guys do for a Vegas wedding?

Thanks so much!  Hope you all are having a great day!
April

Re: Invitation/response question

• edited December 2011
    To be honest I did break etiquette on this....We sent Save The Dates 8 months, Invites at 3months and had them RSVP 6weeks before the wedding. I would not normally suggest this...but.... for us it worked. Most of our guest were from CA and going to Vegas is not to far of a drive so I knew that most of them would know by then... But you can run into problems if people in the last few weeks find out that something has changed... So...
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • edited December 2011
    We're sending save the dates @ 11 months because it's going to be a fairly large destination Vegas wedding, 120+, and because we want the guests to immediately know about the wedding website we set up where I've started putting together all the various ways to save on travel and hotel bookings, etc. which often require booking early.  We'll send them as soon as I have the site info finished, such as the hotel discount code info so people can compare what they get offered for a direct room-only booking versus what they can get as a package of resort+travel from some of the various travel sites, vegas.com, etc.  I know some of our guests will be stretching the budget to come when you factor in airfare, hotel, meals, etc. so we want them to have as much notice as possible that they're going to be invited so they can hopefully book when it's cheapest; then more of the guests will hopefully be able to come.

We're going to have to send the invites at least six months out because the restaurant we've rented out has a capacity of basically the number of people we expect and can't do a main course option at the time of the event; they need to know a rough idea of how much of each option several months in advance so they can prepare, which means part of the rsvp will include main course selction (beef, chicken or fish).  We're going to ask for rsvp back one month after they arrive which will give us enough time to get the restaurant the info they need.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• edited December 2011
    We sent STD like 8 months out. We mailed invitations out at the end of February. RSVP date May 1. Wedding May 22
  • Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't follow etiquette on this either - we didn't do STDs but mailed out invites about 3 months in advance (I know, we're terrible), with an RSVP date one month before the wedding since we had to let vendors know and confirm some final payments. After we got our responses, we send out itineraries with wedding-related events to everyone.
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • edited December 2011
    Save the dates sent out this month (so 5 months prior - but the date had been communicated once it was set so really everyone knew)

Invites going out in August (3 months prior)

RSVP date will be in October (1 month prior)

All of our guests will be flying so they will know 4 weeks out if they are going or not so we figured that asking for an RSVP that far out would be okay.
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We stuck to the normal etiquette.  Since we sent out STDs, everyone had the relevant info and many had booked before invitations went out.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_invitationresponse-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:e4d8779e-e7af-4ad1-b109-1d4f26b0916fPost:5bde4b40-06fa-48ce-8ecb-fb1beb33185c">Re: Invitation/response question</a>:
    [QUOTE]We stuck to the normal etiquette.<strong>  Since we sent out STDs, everyone had the relevant info and many had booked before invitations went out.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]</strong>

This is a good point. Many of our guests already had flights/rooms by the time our invitations went out. They were very much a formality for us. But everyone know what was going on.
  • 11Vegas711Vegas7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards