Wedding Party
Options

Fillers for Bridesmaides Gift Totes

I recently purchased beach totes for my bridesmaids and I need ideas on what to put inside them. The totes were $25/ea and I wanted to keep my budget under $50/bridesmaid. Any ideas for cute fillers that will total less than $25?

Re: Fillers for Bridesmaides Gift Totes

• Options
    msuprincess04msuprincess04 member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Think about what each of them would individually like. If one likes golf, get her golf balls and a fun towel, if one likes wine, get her some cute charms and a wine bottle, if one likes shopping get her a gift card to Macys or her favorite store.

Don't fill them with crap. If it's not something they will actually use it'll all get tossed out anyway.

Edit: $1 flip flops, cheap sunglasses, and sunscreen don't exactly shout "thank you for being an amazing person in my life and celebrating our wedding with us!"
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    ZonkaghoopZonkaghoop member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    This is what I did as well. I found some nice beach towels at Belk on sale for $14 each, sunglasses ($5 each at Walmart), sunscreen, flip flops (if you can catch them when they're $1 at Old Navy), chapstick, hair ties. And I think I added a couple other things that I found in the travel section at the Christmas Tree Shop (aloe, nail files, can koozie)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    I agree with MSU to fill them with things each girl will like. For instance in regard to PP's post, I wouldn't care for random sunglasses because I Have my own style and a pair I wear regularly, I hate Old navy flip flops, and I personally would not want to get sunscreen and aloe for a gift. Would you be happy to open up bottles of sunscreen and aloe on Christmas? Probably not.

Don't be so concerned about the beach theme just because it's a beach tote. Fill each according to that girl's personal taste.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_fillers-for-bridesmaides-gift-totes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:42bd15d2-3da8-4191-9619-9ffa0b99a1efPost:6acfa0f5-72ee-437a-bbb1-a4376b1419b3">Re: Fillers for Bridesmaides Gift Totes</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with MSU to fill them with things each girl will like. For instance in regard to PP's post, I wouldn't care for random sunglasses because I Have my own style and a pair I wear regularly, I hate Old navy flip flops, and I personally would not want to get sunscreen and aloe for a gift. Would you be happy to open up bottles of sunscreen and aloe on Christmas? Probably not. Don't be so concerned about the beach theme just because it's a beach tote. Fill each according to that girl's personal taste.
    Posted by Summer2011Bride[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with this.  I'd be annoyed with a bag full of random stuff that fit at theme.

Does one girl like to read?  Maybe pick up a good book for her.  Does another girl like wine?  A nice bottle of wine goes in the bag.

I'd also give them each a nice card.
  • Options
    EK2013EK2013 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_fillers-for-bridesmaides-gift-totes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:42bd15d2-3da8-4191-9619-9ffa0b99a1efPost:ead43e51-cfef-4572-9ded-f4f573c457d8">Fillers for Bridesmaides Gift Totes</a>:
    [QUOTE]I recently purchased beach totes for my bridesmaids and I need ideas on what to put inside them. The totes were $25/ea and I wanted to keep my budget under $50/bridesmaid. Any ideas for cute fillers that will total less than $25?
    Posted by mhols[/QUOTE]

<div>I'd recommend checking out places like Boscovs or Walmart (or consignment stores/Goodwill) for $4-5 summer scarves if your girls ever wear scarves. This advice comes partially from the fact that both of my girls and I tend to like to own and gift scarves.</div><div>
    </div><div>If your bridesmaids like journals, you could tuck a pretty journal in each bag.</div><div>
    </div><div>Chocolates?</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    Im doing the same thing.  I'm adding flip flops to each girls tote, and a really nice candle from this awesome local shop near where the wedding will be ,which I know they will all love, but besides that everything else is going to be specific to their tastes.  One girl likes to sketch, so I'll be getting her a nice sketchpad, another loves to read so im getting her a book, another is a nut for scarves so im getting her one, another loves music and all through college we would made cd's for eachother, so im making her a mixed cd, the only one im having a hard time with is my cousin since I don't know her as well as my best friends.  but i have about a yeasr so I'm sure I'll think of something.  Another thing I'm doing is putting a picture frame with a pictrure of me and each girl as well as a hand written note for each one. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_fillers-for-bridesmaides-gift-totes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:42bd15d2-3da8-4191-9619-9ffa0b99a1efPost:44e4e429-6b05-4420-9219-fa4090385839">Re: Fillers for Bridesmaides Gift Totes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im doing the same thing.  I'm adding flip flops to each girls tote, and a really nice candle from this awesome local shop near where the wedding will be ,which I know they will all love, but besides that everything else is going to be specific to their tastes.  One girl likes to sketch, so I'll be getting her a nice sketchpad, another loves to read so im getting her a book, another is a nut for scarves so im getting her one, another loves music and all through college we would made cd's for eachother, so im making her a mixed cd, the only one im having a hard time with is my cousin since I don't know her as well as my best friends.  but i have about a yeasr so I'm sure I'll think of something.  Another thing I'm doing is putting a picture frame with a pictrure of me and each girl as well as a hand written note for each one. 
    Posted by michellesean[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Thank you! I like the ideas you gave for the different girls in your party! I'm only 2.5 months away so I need to put a chop-chop on it :o) Instead of flip-flops I think I'm doing beach towels and everyone will get a purse hanger. But I love your suggestions and will put them to good use!

</div>
  • Options
    If you have any trouble thinking of individual gift ideas, I got my girls totes, jewelry, and I'm giving them each a framed photo of the 2 of us from each of our weddings (they're all getting married this year, too).  Then I picked a book for each other them, but all different books specific to their tastes.  Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters have a decent collection of kind of different/unique books. 

And you're ahead of the game, we're 3 weeks out and we're still working on attendant gifts.  GL!
    127image 88image 39imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards