Gay Weddings

Gay Wedding in the Valley

At the start of wedding planning for a gay couple in Studio City, CA and just looking for others in the same boat.  How are you holding up?

Re: Gay Wedding in the Valley

• 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  Unfortunately, people are so scattered here (this being an international board) that you're unlikely to find many from any particular area.  You might want to try the local boards (see menu to the left).  Gay couples are welcome on all the boards here, not just this one.  This one mostly gets used for things specific to gay couples (e.g., how do I match two wedding dresses? or how do I find a suit for a butch bride?).
  • calhoundishcalhoundish member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cool.  Thank you for the help.
  • msmmrobinsonmsmmrobinson member
    edited December 2011
    Hello!  We live in the Inland Empire but are planning on getting married in San Fran in 2013, we actually just picked a date today. 
  • RoMy215RoMy215 member
    edited December 2011
    Not gay, but thought I would look around at the boards.
    When we were looking at venues, I remember that the Sportsman's Lodge specifically said that they were LGBT friendly on their info. It's always helpful when you can find a friendly/helpful venue to make one less "issue" in the planning process. Good luck!!!
  • StephFree1StephFree1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm holding but getting frustrated along the way.  I've even changed my colors because I cannot find any nice decor to represent the rainbow.  I cannot find two same-sex cake toppers which represent us along with a list of things.  The sad part is I'm a wedding planner by trade.  I'll push through.
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    StephFree1, do a Google search for "gay cake toppers" or "lesbian cake toppers."  They are out there.  Or do what a lot of straight couples do, and have something other than two little people as your cake topper.  For example, you could use flowers or a monogram.  Or do what my son and his wife did:  She's a chemistry teacher, so they had test tubes with a tux and a dress as their cake topper.  Obviously, you could use anything meaningful to you, and dress both of them in tuxes or dresses or whatever the two of you are wearing.

Our cake topper was a traditional Welsh love spoon, inscribed with our names and the date of our marriage.  NotFroofy is Welsh, and this was one of the ways we incorporated her heritage.
  • Thanks for all the advice and help... We're looking now at changing locals since LA just didnt feel right... So now we're off to look at locations in Washington--where one of us is from...

thanks
  • www.gardensofparadise.com a utopia for gay lesbian transgender weddings private and beautiful with lagoons and waterfalls love this we are excited
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards