Christian Weddings
Options

XP: I'm a Mrs.! (Long with PIP)

So the wedding was Saturday evening. Just a recap of Friday & Saturday together. & then some pictures, just a few I've found from other people's Facebooks.

Friday: Friday night we had our "rehearsal" dinner. I say that because we didn't get to have our actual rehearsal on Friday because our venue had another wedding going on that evening. No big deal. My lovely now H decided it'd be a great idea to have this dinner at a local Mexican restaurant. We go there a a lot and really love the food, so it just seemed like a good idea to him. Now, normally I would not be opposed to that, but this time was different. I was up from about 4-7 AM on Saturday sick. Apparently I was not the only one either. H said he was too and that some of his family said they were as well. I've never gotten sick from there before, so it was odd. Other than that, good time haha.

Saturday: Get up & go to the venue for what was meant to be our rehearsal at 10:30. We get there, and the coordinator that owns the venue and is in charge didn't have anything set up for the day. I will say though that we were planning for it to be outside until it rained that morning though. So I suppose she was just waiting until last minute to hear my word about it. But still, nothing was set up. So I felt horrible because our whole wedding party and our pastor were there, for nothing. We never had a rehearsal. She was like "So when are you going to do a walk through?" And I was thinking "That's what this was supposed to be?!" But oh well.

Got my hair done, came back to do my makeup and finishing getting ready to take pictures. We were supposed to start pictures at 3. Well my girls didn't show up until probably 15 til 3. They still had to put on their dresses and touch up makeup/hair. So we didn't end up starting pictures until 3:30. We didn't get that many shots because the guys showed up at 4 to do pictures. H had way more family and people to take pictures with, so he needed more time than I did. So I just finished up real quick, then went back to my little room to wait.

We were supposed to start at 5, but started a little late because people were still trickling in. My girls walked wayy too fast, probably because we didn't get to practice that morning with the music or at all. I planned for them 3, the flower girl and ring bearer, and I to walk to the same song. It was about 4 minutes long. Well they took about 45 seconds to walk down the aisle, so I just waited for my part to walk. Because I'd planned it strategically for a certain part. H later told me that one of his groomsmen jokingly said to him "Ya sure she's comin', man?" haha. The pastor who married us has known H for about 10 years. He could not manage to get either of our last names right. We kept repeating them, and he just kept saying them wrong. Finally he just said "Oh forgive me, I'm old".

After the ceremony, we took about 15-30 minutes to talk pictures with our families and the wedding party. First of all, H's mom and current stepdad left right after the ceremony because they were taking my now nephew (who is a few months old) home to put to bed. So we didn't even get pictures with them. So we took some with H's former stepdad (more like a real father to him) and his family, my family, and the wedding party. H's brother was driving me up the wall. He's hurt his knees playing football and is having surgery tomorrow. He just kept complaining about how much they hurt. Now, I completely understand that, but he could've said "My knees are really hurting, can I sit down for a minute between pictures?" or something. But no, he just kept grunting and griping "Are we done yet? Oh my gosh, my knees hurt. Come on now" blah blah blah. He was being a total drama queen. Finally I just said "Okay! We're done now!"

We didn't do dancing or any of that, and only about 30 people (including wedding party) showed up. We invited 75. A girl who I was pretty good friends with planned a party on that day, after RSVPing "yes". Awesome haha. But anyways, the wedding started a little past 5, and I'm pretty sure we were leaving the venue at 7. No joke. Everyone left pretty quickly. They had they're food quickly, ate their cake if they wanted it, and got out of there. It was good though.
Sorry this was so long! HA =/

PICTURES!:

My bridesmaid, me, & my two MOHs.

A picture one of my MOHs took and edited up for us.

H, his sister and brother (aka the drama king lol)

Those are pretty much the only pictures I could find for now. I'll add some more later if I can find some. Or when I get the professional ones back from my photographer.
the reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected. ~nicholas sparks<3</center>

Re: XP: I'm a Mrs.! (Long with PIP)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the recap! glad the day went so well and you kept your cool through out it. I love the yellow cake!! what flavor was it?

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_xp-im-mrs-long-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:89819c27-475b-49d0-b5fd-7b46ea29fa38Post:9ad6c142-9d31-4dd1-8fd3-adc87d5ed561">Re: XP: I'm a Mrs.! (Long with PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]thanks for the recap! glad the day went so well and you kept your cool through out it. I love the yellow cake!! what flavor was it?
    Posted by sprtychick10[/QUOTE]

It was white cake. I wanted red velvet so it'd be yellow on the outside & red on the inside, but H wanted white. It was amazing! We still have basically the whole bottom tier left hahah.
    the reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected. ~nicholas sparks<3</center>
  • Options
    kipnuskipnus member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You look gorgeous! Congrats on being married!!!
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats, MRS! Your pictures are beautiful!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mexican food sickness - yuck, that really sucks.  Luckily it didn't last all day!

Officiant messing up - that's kind of cute that he covered it up that way...

Congrats, you look beautiful and I love your dress!
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry you had a lot of issues on your day but hope that you'll have good memories of the things that worked the way you wanted them to.  You look beautiful and I hope to see more pictures when you have them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_xp-im-mrs-long-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:89819c27-475b-49d0-b5fd-7b46ea29fa38Post:ec264d18-93a2-4b72-8eb6-6144f58cc375">Re: XP: I'm a Mrs.! (Long with PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry you had a lot of issues on your day but hope that you'll have good memories of the things that worked the way you wanted them to.  You look beautiful and I hope to see more pictures when you have them.
    Posted by iamjoesgurl[/QUOTE]

Oh, I absolutely do! 95% of the people most important to me showed up, the others just absolutely couldn't because of travelling issues. So that's all that really matters to me. And that I'm married!

I'm such a crazy perfectionist, so I'm surprised that I handled all the little hiccups so well haha. In the end, the big picture is all that matters.
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  Sorry some things went wrong but sounds like you had a great day over all!  :)
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    polkadot111polkadot111 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats, fellow November bride!  I'm sorry about your hiccups, but it's good that you enjoyed your day!  You looked so pretty in your dress.  :D
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    MelissaC315MelissaC315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!! You were a beautiful bride!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on being married!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies! =]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats girl! You looked beautiful and I can't wait to see more pics! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards