New Hampshire
Options

Affordable Venue

Hi all,

I think we may be a little bit behind the eight ball, but we are trying to find an affordable venue, within our budget, in the NH or VT area to have both our ceremony and reception. Our budget is between $4500-$5500 (including catering).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as most online sites don't make it simple to read and/or post prices.

Thanks!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Affordable Venue

• Options
    ninnypooperninnypooper member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Are you flexible with the date? If you choose a date that's off season or a Friday or Sunday, you can work with a lot more places within the price range you are looking at than if you restrict yourself to a Saturday or Saturday night.
    An off season wedding (November - April) can get you a lot of AMAZING deals with all vendors. Definitely budget friendly.

There is a NH Knottie page that has a list of venues throughout the state along with other vendors, which are very useful :)

GL!

• Options
    Megglez2008Megglez2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Mile Away Restaurant in Milford, NH is wonderful and I think pretty affordable as well. We're using it for our RD, and I used to work there during high school. The weddings they put on our beautiful! I think you could probably hold it there for the price you're looking for on a Saturday night, but it's cheaper on Fri and Sun. You can have both the ceremony and the reception there. They have beautiful gardens to get married in and the owners are really great people. Hope this helps!

http://www.mileawayrestaurant.com/index.htm
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Fratello's in Manchester and we've found that to be a pretty affordable option.  I think it also depends on the number of guests you plan on inviting.  If your number is around 100, Fratello's could fit the bill.

I have the link to the NH Knotties page in my siggy if you want to check it out.  It lists all the venues that previous Knotties have gotten married at and you might find it helpful.  Good luck!
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We choose Fratello's as well for it's affordably.  In addition to that and Mile Away - Alpine Grove is also a less expensive option.

If your guest list is over 100 consider an elks lodge or similar (you can do a lot to dress up the rooms) that will allow you a low rent fee and you can bring in your own caterer which can be significantly less.
  • Options
    redsoxfan619redsoxfan619 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Executive Court Banquet is another option in Manchester NH. They are very affordable for both ceremony and reception
  • Options
    siriuscielsiriusciel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all SO much!!!! This is so helpful and you have given me a few more ideas.. thanks again!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having our wedding/reception at Waterville Valley, NH. They are very affordable and have an onsite chef.

Thanks,
    Stacy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A great place would be Steele Hill in Sanbornton, NH.  The location/scenery is stunning!  We were actually going to hold our wedding there, but decided to go to the seacoast to be an easier commute for my fiancee's grandparents as well as the fact that we felt we might be crowded with our potential 150+ guest list...  If you have a large guest list as well,  you may not be impressed.  
    Steele Hill is pretty affordable, gorgeous and would be great for a small, medium size wedding! 
    image Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards