Christian Weddings

Thursday QOTD

How was everyones Christmas/holiday??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thursday QOTD

• Ash61612Ash61612 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2012
    We had a wonderful first Christmas together. We went to Christmas Eve candlelight service and did the reading/lighting of the last advent candle. Then my parents came over on Christmas morning after DH and I opened up our presents to each other and we all had breakfast together. That afternoon, we went over to DH's parents house for lunch/dinner. It was a wonderdul day over all and I can't wait for more Christmas' together.
  • Mine was really nice, DH's not so much since he was working.  Christmas Eve I went with my in-laws to the 6pm church service then to a Christmas party.  I finally got to talk to DH around 11pm when things were slowing down at the hospital.  Christmas morning I opened presents with the in-laws, talked with DH on the phone a little bit before he had rounds, then I went with the family to meet up with extended family at Williamburg for lunch and to wander around.  After lunch we called at did Face-Time (where you can see each other on the phone) with some more extended family. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It was great.  Really good to see everyone.  We have done 3 of our 4 Christmas dinners so far; tonight is the last one.  It's been nice having all my siblings around and playing with our nieces.
  • Ours was fine, a bit sad when we were with my family as we had to put my dog down on Christmas Eve.  :(  H and I spent a romantic Christmas Eve together.  We spent Christmas morning with my parents and had lunch there, then we trotted over to my in-laws and spent the evening with them and had dinner.  It was good overall. 

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_thursday-qotd-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:6b8e94a0-cdd2-42ba-82f2-1da25404e615Post:606e5088-68d2-4596-b187-239758570d21">Re: Thursday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ours was fine,<strong> a bit sad when we were with my family as we had to put my dog down on Christmas Eve.  :( </strong> H and I spent a romantic Christmas Eve together.  We spent Christmas morning with my parents and had lunch there, then we trotted over to my in-laws and spent the evening with them and had dinner.  It was good overall. 
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

<div>sorry to hear this!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_thursday-qotd-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:6b8e94a0-cdd2-42ba-82f2-1da25404e615Post:0ee64dfd-a3d5-4fb2-854b-de0e6c713dc9">Re: Thursday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mine was really nice, DH's not so much since he was working.  Christmas Eve I went with my in-laws to the 6pm church service then to a Christmas party.  I finally got to talk to DH around 11pm when things were slowing down at the hospital.  Christmas morning I opened presents with the in-laws, talked with DH on the phone a little bit before he had rounds, then I went with the family to meet up with extended family at Williamburg for lunch and to wander around.  After lunch we called at did Face-Time (where you can see each other on the phone) with some more extended family. 
    Posted by ochemjenn[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>When will DH and you open presents??

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_thursday-qotd-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:6b8e94a0-cdd2-42ba-82f2-1da25404e615Post:2ebeee56-6b88-4dbb-9126-cf5eb905dbd2">Re: Thursday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday QOTD : When will DH and you open presents??
    Posted by Ash61612[/QUOTE]

We opened ours to each other the Wednesday before Christmas, then we went to the zoo to see the Christmas lights. 

We'll give our gifts to his family on New Years (Eve, maybe), and he'll open his from his parents, which I wrapped.  I was quite the little elf this year. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards