Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Exiting the ceremony

We are having a backyard wedding at my fiance's parent's house. My future FIL has been working so hard to landscape the perfect path to exit the ceremony location after we get married. He was doing this a surprise for us! :)  
Only thing is.. it isn't down the aisle. We would be exiting as husband and wife directly to the left of the altar.
Is this going to be weird? I have never seen it done this way (usually the WP and bride & groom walk back down the aisle). My future FIL most likely wasn't aware of this so he went ahead and labored to make us a path right to the left.
We are super grateful for everything that he has done for us and we of course aren't going to tell him anything, we will be exiting to the left on the path that he has made. We certainly don't want to hurt his feelings and we are so LUCKY and THANKFUL for everything he has done for us (he also landscaped our ceremony site and reception site).
Please tell me this won't be too weird.. lol. I could be overthinking it (lately with the wedding coming up so close, I seem to be overthinking A LOT, lol)

Re: Exiting the ceremony

• Options
    Don't over think it! If it is what is going to happen regardless, then just find a way to love it, I over think the little things too often. I need to take my own advice lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards