Illinois-Chicago
Options

Inviting your Priest? Catholic ladies?

Hey Ladies,

Did you/ are you inviting the priest that married/s you to your reception & rehearsal dinner?

I totally blanked on this!
image **Married 7/9/11**

Re: Inviting your Priest? Catholic ladies?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We invited our Priest.  He didn't respond until I emailed him (then he told us he couldn't make it.)   
  • Options
    edited December 2011

What about your RD?

image **Married 7/9/11**
  • Options
    jsquared62009jsquared62009 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think it is customary to at least invite them...not totally sure though. I think there's a Catholic board so maybe the ladies there would know more! GL!

Vacation
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we did not send a formal invite to ours however we will verbally invite him.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Ladies!
    image **Married 7/9/11**
  • Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Little late and we didn't use a priest, but we invited our Pastor to both the RD and the reception, but he declined
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't formally invite our priest to the RD but we either verbally invited him or emailed him (we did send a formal invite for the wedding itself).  He didn't come to the rehearsal dinner, either.
  • Options
    rombacjarombacja member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We invited our priest to RD and Reception. He was involved in both the rehearsal and the wedding, so it seemed natural... But we're pretty close anyways, so we would have invited him probably even if we got a different priest
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We invited the deacon that is marrying us to both...he tried to be funny and on the response card wrote us a little note that said they were very excited to come to the reception but did not think they would make the ceremony...hahaha...not sure if they are coming the the RD since I have not sent out the invites yet

• Options
    edited December 2011
    we are sending an invite to the pastor + guest since he won't know anyone there.

we are also sending an invite to FI's family priest + guest since we are asking him to say the blessing at the reception.  (my family is lutheran and FI's is catholic, we're having a lutheran wedding and the family is having a hard time with it.)

also my dad is a pastor.  and my godfathers are pastors.  i'm tempted to seat them all together. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards