Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Justice of the Peace Suggestions

Hi,

We are getting married in Jan 2012 at Gibbet Hill in Groton, MA and we are in the search for a Justice of the Peace.  We are having an onsite ceremony, quick (10-15 mins), something non-denominational.  Either of us are very religious.  We are looking for someone who is easy-going, well spoken, will work with us on a simple cermemony and could do a nice job officiating our wedding.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks.

Re: Justice of the Peace Suggestions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Thomas Welch and he was amazing, everyone commented on how great the ceremony was.  I'm not sure if he will travel out to Groton though. 
    www.welchweddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Tom Welch!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rick Perry is out of  Gloucester, we are using him and he has been great so far.
  • Options
    bmoruzzibmoruzzi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Mary Gill.  She lives in Attleboro.  I'm not sure where that is in relation to you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Dan Griffits, and he was great. He was so nice, and has a very calming presence that makes you feel like once you've picked your readings/vows, you don't have to worry about a thing. He also gives a packet where you can choose 10-12 items and you're ceremony can be complete.

www.dangriffiths.me
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We also used Tom Welch.  Highly recommend!
    Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you know that in Massachusetts you can get a one day permit to have ANYONE marry you?  My sister got married last July and Her Husbands bestie married them......it was awesome.  I am getting married next June and I am thinking It may be my sister who marries us!......I think you can contact town hall for the application....if not google this......good luck!
  • Options
    RCLD2011RCLD2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Rev. Kristine Tomlinson out of Littleton (so right next door) and she's SO amazing and an interfaith/ non faith justice of the peace.  She took 3-4 hours to sit down and really get to know us and what we were looking for, she recorded the whole conversation.  Then we walked through and custom designed vows.  She's so open and not judging, we were able to encorporate lots of different traditions into our ceremony, and keep it not religious.  Her tone/ speaking is perfect, and she's super responsive with emails and calls.  She's sent many detailed drafts of our ceremony all written out until we reached the final (and she timed each one and let us know how long!).  Also, she's a great bargain for what you get!!

Message me if you'd like details :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards